Complaint Review: Radio Shack

• Submitted: Fri, January 23, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 23, 2009

• Reported By:fresno California
Radio Shack
750 W. 7th St Los Angeles, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 213-680-1500
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

Radio Shack In Macy's Court Downtown Los Angeles, Refuse to help with ID Theft Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: Just doing his job

On 1/23/09. We found out that someone, somehow made a copy of my CC # and purchase something at the store for the amount of $162.36 on 1/21/09 @ 8:36pm. When I called the store; the so call manager name Jose (refuse) to give me last name (Must be a Radio Shack core value). I explain the situation; ask if he can ask any of his employee about the the purchase that was made.

I know that there is only 2-4 employees working at these small store so it would not be hard to do. Jose said that is confidential and he would not be able to help me..I need to wait for the bank...I explain that I'm a student and need to get this situation resolve asap so that I can have my account re-open.

All I'm asking is for him to put a note up and see if anyone remembers anything, since it's still fresh...JOSE said I don't have the right to investigate myself, just wait for the bank (sounds like he is part of scam) I have every right to call and investigate...I was 3 hours away sitting in class when my card was charge at radio shack...

by the time my bank (Wells not go far) gets to it, no one will remember a thing; I'm not asking for the world...just a simple note up by the lunch area or desk.
good thing I never buy anything for Radio Shack anyway if this how train their employee, I don't see how anyone can support them.

Nick
fresno, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2009 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Shack/Los-Angeles-California-90017/Radio-Shack-In-Macys-Court-Downtown-Los-Angeles-Refuse-to-help-with-ID-Theft-Los-Angeles-415328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Shack

Just doing his job

AUTHOR: Salvati13 - (Canada)

How is Jose to know who you are? What if it was someone pretending to be you, would you like for him to give out sensitive information over the phone?

As far as he knows, until he hears from the bank, the transactons is completely valid. Regardless of how quickly you investigate on your own, the bank is still going to take as long as they take, so you have to wait anyway.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC