Complaint Review: Radio Shack

• Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: Lester — Jackson New Jersey United States of America
Radio Shack
West Grove SQ 67 S Main St. Neptune, New Jersey United States of America

Radio Shack replacement plan not emailed to my for gift card Neptune, New Jersey

*UPDATE Employee: Checking the status

I sent a tape recorder back to radio shack because it stoped working. Since I bought a replacement plan on it, I went to take it back and they told me to wait 24 hours for it to be sent by email. I waited a week now and no gift card with the amount of money I purchased for the item I ordered a replacement plan on, came to my email, I called radio shack several times but they say they did email it, but I checked my email dozens of times and did not see it , and I feel they will get away with theft If they never send me my gift card I submited for my replacement plan on the item.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Shack/Neptune-New-Jersey-07753/Radio-Shack-replacement-plan-not-emailed-to-my-for-gift-card-Neptune-New-Jersey-913977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Shack

Checking the status

AUTHOR: Miks91 - (United States of America)

I've dealt with these service plans before. If you still haven't gotten your e-gift card, call this number: 1-800-433-5502. That's the number to the people in charge of the replacement plans. Simply follow the instructions until it asks of you are filing a claim or checking status. Press 1 (although it says press 1 to file a claim, press 1 anyway, as the status check is automated). After a quick shtick about the online chat service, you'll be connected to an agent.

Give them your phone number(that you used when buying the replacement plan, and again when dropping it off at the store) when they ask, then tell them that you want a status update on your replacement. They may ask to verify your info, to make sure your you. They have much more info about shipment progress than the store employees do. Normally, the whole progress takes 3 to 5 business days (from the day after you dropped it off), but it can take longer.

If they say the email was sent, check your spam folder for email from radioshackgiftcards@cashstar.com. If it's not there, confirm your email address with the agent, and request they reissue it (that process takes between 1 and 5 days, depending on the value of the gift card, and how long ago it was reportedly sent.

The final step is to have them send it via regular post. Also, if you fail to get it that many times, they'll probably mail you a check. And finally, if the service plan agent says they have no info on the replacement, contact the store manager or district manager.