Complaint Review: Radio Shack

• Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: MHB — Issaquah Washington United States of America
Radio Shack

Radio Shack Ridiculously restrictive product return policy Internet

*Author of original report: Rebuttal to "Really ?"

*Consumer Comment: really?

I have purchased from Radio Shack for as long as I can remember. Thousands of dollars over my lifetime. I tried to return products to them that I had purchased AND NEVER OPENED THE PACKAGES.

I did not have a receipt but the products are currently on their shelves. Many times I will buy two solutions to see which one will be the best and return the second one. It is not always within 30 days and often I cant find my receipt. With Radio Shack YOU ARE 100% OUT OF LUCK. You can't even get store credit ( which I know I would use up easily ).

Most stores in 2013 will gladly look up your receipt or at least give you store credit at the last sale price. Not Radio Shack. You bought it you own it! I had the Asst Store Manager call the District Manager. Absolutely NO consideration for my purchases. UNOPENED CURRENT PRODUCTS IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING. WHAT A RIP!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Shack/internet/Radio-Shack-Ridiculously-restrictive-product-return-policy-Internet-1013858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Shack

Rebuttal to "Really ?"

AUTHOR: MarkB - (United States of America)

If you purchase from Best Buy, Lowes, Home Depot. Fred Meyer, Staples, Office Depot, the list goes on and you bring something back in the original package. 1. If you know what credit card you used and you purchased it in the last YEAR they will look up your receipt and give you store credit. 2. Worst case scenario is that you will get credit at the lowest sale price in the last 6 months.

Why I buy two. If there are two possible solutions I may purchase both solutions to see which one will work. AKA, two different sized connections to an output jack. Rather than buy one and then have to bring it back if it is wrong, I may buy both sizes and check when I get home. what is wrong with that?

really?

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

You actually buy multiple product know that you are going to return one? That alone is pretty sleazy.

Then, even though you know you are going to return one, you don't keep the receipt and then wait until their return period is past and still want to return it?  That's just nuts and I don't blame them.

I think there is something else going on here, this doesn't make any sense.