Complaint Review: Radio Shack

• Submitted: Tue, March 23, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, March 23, 2004

• Reported By:Mount Vision New York
Radio Shack
RR 2 M 22 Nationwide U.S.A.

Radio Shack Rebate Promised, Rebate Denied. Rip-off! Oneonta Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: Radio Shack Rebate RIP-OFF

When I decided to buy a Palm Tungsten E PDA the other day, I decided to buy it at Radio Shack, for I was told by the sales-droid that there was a $25 rebate on the Tungsten E. Sure enough, right on their computerized receipt is the notation "$25 MIR [Mail In Rebate] PDAS", so I figure all is well. I'm filing today when I notice that there is a notation that "Qualifying PDA SKU's" must be one of the following... one of which is NOT my Tungsten E.

Alright, must be an oversight. I call the store that I bought it from, they puzzle over the unlisted SKU, and tell me to call the 800 number (actually, it's an 888 number). I do, the fellow that eventually answers (who is very nice, by the way) doesn't have any information about the rebate offer I have; asked to hold on, I do and he disappears for a bit. He comes back to tell me that there's NO REBATE on this PDA for which I WAS PROMISED A REBATE.

Rebates really are a scam and a ripoff -- what do they think we are, stupid? I'm going to try and return the Tungsten E tomorrow; if I don't get my money back, well, I used my credit card for a reason.

Don't believe what Radio Shux tells you!

Joe
Mount Vision, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2004 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Shack/nationwide/Radio-Shack-Rebate-Promised-Rebate-Denied-Rip-off-Oneonta-Nationwide-85016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Shack

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I had the same thing happen to me at radio shack over a cell phone. Aganist my better judgement, we purchased two Sprint cell phones 9/02 with the promise of one $50 rebate, which the salesmen printed up the form off the register. Sent it in to Sprint and get a form letter back from Sprint telling me that those phones don't qualify for any rebate. What a RIP-OFF. Went in to a Sprint store last Sunday 3/04 called customer service to find out if my one year contract was up and said if they wanted to keep me as a customer I expected a $50 credit on next month's bill. The service rep got the manager on the line explained the situation to him and had him credit me $50. Well done for Sprint, Screw you radio shack. To avoid this RIP-OFF in the future don't shop at radio shack.

#2 Consumer Suggestion