Complaint Review: RadioShack

• Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: individualsrights — New Jersey United States of America
RadioShack
179 East Kennedy Boulevard Lakewood, New Jersey United States of America

RadioShack Refused to service RadioShack device and tried to sell new one. Lakewood , New Jersey

*UPDATE Employee: Incorrect

*Author of original report: Details of store

*UPDATE Employee: Employee Training

I brought in a RadioShack scanner whose retail price is $424.99 to the Lakewood RadioShack. I wanted to send it in to be repaired because the LCD wasn't functional.

The store representative asked me if I had a service plan and I replied that "no, I did not". So the guy tells me there's nothing he can do for me. I said I'm willing to pay for the repair, but he insisted that he can't help me.

I had to drive around to different repair shops and nobody could help me because the part wasn't available. In the end I went to the RadioShack in the next city, Bricktown and they sent it out to the repair center for me.

Why can't the local store send it out for me? Just because he's not interested? And even if there was some valid reason that he couldn't do it, he could have told me where to go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2013 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RadioShack/Lakewood-New-Jersey-08701/RadioShack-Refused-to-service-RadioShack-device-and-tried-to-sell-new-one-Lakewood-New-989605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RadioShack

Incorrect

AUTHOR: Animalianiimura - ()

I can't speak for why the employee in the Lakewood store would tell you that information, but it isn't true. It is true that if you didn't purchase a protection plan, there is nothing he can do without charging you. However you said you were willing to pay for repair. That, we absolutely do.

For a troubleshooting fee, we can send your scanner out to be assesed, and you will then be contacted as to what is wrong with it, and how much it will cost to repair it, and you can then decide whether or not to proceed with the repair. This service is not just restricted to Radioshack products either, you can bring any eelectronic item you own of any brand name, and receive the same service.

It is always a good idea to call around to the other Radioshacks in your area to be sure. Some seem to know more than others.

Details of store

AUTHOR: individualsrights - (United States of America)

Below is the address and phone # of the store.

179 E Kennedy Blvd
Lakewood, NJ 08701
732-364-7507

179 E Kennedy Blvd  Lakewood Township, NJ 08701

(732) 364-7507

Employee Training

AUTHOR: Josh R. - (United States of America)

What happened here is the employee was unfamiliar with how to process a service center repair claim.  Please forward me the address of your local store, and I will ensure training is addressed and poor service does not continue.