Complaint Review: Rafael Shabtai - TDW Closeouts - The Discount Warehouse

• Submitted: Thu, December 03, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, December 03, 2009

• Reported By: Us Soldier got ripped off by tdw.PL — Lawton Oklahoma United States of America
Rafael Shabtai - TDW Closeouts - The Discount Warehouse
9990 w oakland park blvd sunrise, Florida United States of America

Rafael Shabtai - TDW Closeouts - The Discount Warehouse United State Soldier got taken for 3000 dollars from this sorry company. sunrise, Florida

Here is my story:
We were interested in purchasing brand new in boxes closeout/overstock toys to sell at the local Flea market in town.   We were informed by a Ms Martine that for 2500.00 plus 450.00 shipping that we would recieve a pallet that was approx 8 feet tall full of toys.   Here is the email i sent to them and the description of what is suspose to be recieved:
Mam,
Can you send me the manifest of the retail value of these toys.   The
wholesale manifest that I have received states that we will be receiving a
lot of dvd's coloring books etc.. that are not considered toys. The
description of what was given to us to receive in the shipment is as

All New Brand Name Toys All toys are new 1st quality in original boxes. You
get an assortment of action toy figures, dolls, remote control toys , talking
toys, Barbie. Contains name brand toys : Mattel, Galoob , Hasbro, Kenner, Toy
Biz, Barbie and more. Make your own load. Your price is as pennies on the
dollar. We made 4 lots available for you. Sample lot #1: $7500 to $8500
retail value

No where in this decription does it say that this shipment will consist of
educational books, activity books, stickers, hardcover books, coloring
books, song books, learning cards, puzzles, workbooks, etc..
I believe that the wrong shipment was sent to us and need to know how we can
go about resolving this issue as more than half of the shipment is BOOKS!!

Please let me know the necessary actions needed to take place as soon as
possible.

This email was sent from me after the fact of me recieving the manifest.   We were instructed to wire the funds to the discount warehouse wich we checked with the better business buero first to make sure that this was a legit business.   After the company recieved the funds, we were then instructed that we would have to sign an agreement of sale.   Once this was signed and faxed to TDW, they shipped the new mixed toy lot#1.   We finally recieved a tracking number for the goods and are to recieve them on Monday coming.   Here is the KICKER!!
They just sent us a manifest today of what we are to be recieving and about half of the items are books and educational learning cards.   I think that this company is a big fraud as we continue to try and call the company to let them know that they sent the wrong package that was decribed and they give us the run around that they do not have any control of what is sent.   the agreement that had to be signed states that all sales are final and no refunds or exchanges are allowed but i truly believe that what we are going to recieve was faulsly advertised to us.   If you go to www.ripoffreport.com   and search for tdw closeouts you will find many people like myself who were scammed by this company.   They get you to sign this letter of agrrement and then send you a bunch of bull crap.   I think something should happen to them as they are taking a Soldiers hard earned dollars and profiting almost everything.   I have the manifest if you would like to see it and all of the paper work that they sceem you into signing.   Please don't hesitate to call me as I will be more than happy to give you the full details.   I think the world should know of these con artists.   Thanks for listening.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2009 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rafael-Shabtai-TDW-Closeouts-The-Discount-Warehouse/sunrise-Florida-33351/Rafael-Shabtai-TDW-Closeouts-The-Discount-Warehouse-United-State-Soldier-got-taken-fo-533193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rafael Shabtai - TDW Closeouts - The Discount Warehouse