Complaint Review: Raider Publishing International

• Updated: Sun, January 15, 2012

• Reported By: Jen Fitzpatrick O Hagan — Roundwood Internet Ireland
Raider Publishing International
New York City,, New York United States of America

Raider Publishing International Adam Salviani Actions speak louder than words. New York City,, New York

'Actions speak louder than words' or so the promotions hip reads on the Raider Publishing International website.  The literal transcript reads: Other publishers may claim to care about their writers... but as we all know... actions speak louder than words!
I happen to believe this statement and having done initial research on the internet, i approached Raider Publishing International with my work.  They requested that I send them a sample and was promptly  advised that they were willing to take on my work.  As I had worked in the business world for many years and understand what it takes to keep a business running, I was happy to pay the money requested to get my work published.  The package they offered appeared reasonable and as a writer who professes to understand the problems authors encounter, Adam Salivani appeared plausible.  The money paid represented a significant investment for me as the world is in the middle of  a very dark recession. [continued below]....
.....  That was in September 2010.  After initial 'teething' problems, I was informed in writing that the book would be published by end April 2011.  I met all my obligations with regard to copy.  I received nothing.
My email to Raider Publishing International occupies possibly the largest space in my mailbox.  I have be referred to and written to possible 5 company employees.  Being a patient person and not fully understanding the publishing business I gave far more than I would have given in any other business relationship.
Finally, at the end of 2011 at the end of protracted and frustrating correspondence, i asked Raider to return my money.  He wrote back saying that the matter had been passed to Mr Salivani for refund.
We are now in the middle of January 2012 and I am still waiting.
Perhaps Mr Salivani would like to comment?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2012 01:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Raider-Publishing-International/New-York-City-New-York-/Raider-Publishing-International-Adam-Salviani-Actions-speak-louder-than-words-New-York-822991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Raider Publishing International