Complaint Review: Raider Publishing

• Submitted: Mon, August 20, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, August 20, 2012

• Reported By: Layne R Flint — Hobart Australia
Raider Publishing

Raider Publishing Do not, under any circumstances, sign a contract with this company! Internet

It saddens me to have just read all the other complaints about Raider below, but at least now I know that I wasn't the only one out there that had been abused by these people.

I signed my contract in December of 2009 and after the initial two and fro of jolly emails, like the rest of you, they suddenly went quiet.

My book was not officially published until April of 2011, but I have an email from Adam Salviani stating that it had been done in February and the books had already been distributed around the world.

I did not find out about the book being released from Raider, I happened to come across it on the Amazon site in late May. I purchased my own copy and proceeded to narrow my sights on this company that had already breached the first pledge of the contract, but worse, had begun lying to me. [continued below]....
.....

My purchased copy did not arrive for thirteen weeks which led me to believe that even in June those books had not actually been distributed. The first thing I noticed upon opening it, was that the dedication had been removed. Then came the bombshell - so had the pictures.

I went on a war footing with this man Adam Salviani, and over the next few months I put up with lie after lie. Ultimately he pledged to recall the books and reprint. I said to him that would be the decent thing to do, and how about using the downtime to address all the other aspects of the contract like website and marketing.

As part of the deal Adam gave me for mucking up the book, he pledged me twenty extra free copies, distribution for five years, and an e-reader version. I received my copies six months later, they were ten short. I have been fighting for nearly a year to try and get to the bottom of why this so. It is nearly a year since he pledged the e-reader as part of the deal but it still does not exist. Which brings us to the third promise he made - well guess what? I decline your offer to manage my project for five years mister!

Every single bit of communication I have had with this company is archived and available for third party scrutiny.

Most recently, like all of you, I am due a quarterly statement. I have been trying all month to track them down for this but to no avail - and get this...

This morning I noticed for the first time that my website no longer exists, they have shut it down.

I want my sweat and blood project back in my control and I want to see this man and whoever else is accountable for running this rubbish company behind bars - maybe then Adam, you will finally get the chance to churn out a decent novel of your own!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2012 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Raider-Publishing/internet/Raider-Publishing-Do-not-under-any-circumstances-sign-a-contract-with-this-company-Int-930117. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Raider Publishing