Complaint Review: Rain Soft Water Treatment Systems

• Submitted: Wed, January 12, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, January 23, 2005

• Reported By:El Paso Texas
Rain Soft Water Treatment Systems
2080 East Lunt Avenue Elk Grove Village, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 847-437-9400
  • Web:
  • Category: Plumbing

Rain Soft Water Treatment Systems sold me a water softener system that never works for $3900.00 but with interests I have to pay over $15,000.00 Elk Grove Village Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Just bought another water softner.

*Consumer Suggestion: Effectively Report Againt RainSoft

On November 2001, I was contacted by a Rain Soft water system agent to install a water softener machine in my new house, because the water from El Paso, Texas is "too hard to consume".

They work good in my mind, because finally I agree to buy the system, but this water softener machine never worked, since the very first day.

I called the local company here in El Paso, they come once and they reported that the machine is inoperable, but never fixed.

I tried several times to contact the main office in Illinois, but they just make fun of me.

The system has a lifetime warranty and was never honored.

I called the BBB, The Texas district attorney consumer division protection, but the only help they gave was to be mediators nothing else.

I even called the legal aid office here in Texas, but they refused to help me, because I am working and in order to help me I have to be poor with no job or food on the table.

I hired a private attorney he charged $700.00 but after I paid him he never returned my calls or wants to see me.

I am paying since November 2001 $80.00 to a financial company that bought my contract from rain soft, the original cost of the system was $3900.00 but as of today I all ready paid more than $4600.00 and I still on debt with them, and when I finish paying this stupid machine my overall full payment will be $15,000.

If you can give any advice on how I can stop paying this people andd how I can make them fix my house, because they made holes in the walls of my new house in order to install this system

For my, we do not have any rights as a consumers

El Paso, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2005 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rain-Soft-Water-Treatment-Systems/Elk-Grove-Village-Illinois-60007/Rain-Soft-Water-Treatment-Systems-sold-me-a-water-softener-system-that-never-works-for-39-127129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rain Soft Water Treatment Systems

Just bought another water softner.

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Paid $450 for this one, paid $350 for the last one. This one a GE from Home Depot, the last one from sears. They say they usually last 7 to 10 years. The last one lasted 9.5 years. I live in the country and have a well which is harder on the equipment. While looking at all the different companies, rain soft and culligan were in the $3,500 to $5,000 range. You paid $3,900+ for yours, I could buy 8+ of mine. If they last me 7 years each, I'd have 56 years of machines. I don't think I'll live to 103. All those companies told me how much better "their" systems worked then the other guy's. For $3,450 it had better.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Effectively Report Againt RainSoft

AUTHOR: Cassandra - (U.S.A.)

I personally don't like to deal with people because they don't always do the best they can for use, so I went to the internet and filed a report with the Attorney General's Office online, it went through. You can find any Attorney General's office at this site: http://www.naag.org/ag/full_ag_table.php But I am in Texas too. Plus, I just type in whatever I can think of in the search engine and when I find a lawyers site, I file a report there too. I file a report anywhere I can against them. I also reported to the federal trade commission at www.ftc.gov, it worked. The law office of James Hoyer has a Class Action against them in Florida and that may not help us in Texas, but the more reports filed, the more chances we will get one too.