Complaint Review: Rainsoft, Robertson Water Treatment Systems

• Submitted: Sat, November 19, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, January 01, 2008

• Reported By:Columbia Tennessee
Rainsoft, Robertson Water Treatment Systems
2159 N. Thompson Lane #A-9 Murfreesboro, Tennessee U.S.A.
  • Phone: 615-896-6600
  • Web:
  • Category: Plumbing

Rainsoft, Robertson Water Treatment Systems ripoff Murfreesboro Tennessee

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Mark Robertson- Owner

*Author of original report: Two years later....

*Author of original report: Two years later....

*UPDATE Employee: Unable to respond

I bought my Rain Soft system Jan 15, 2002. It worked flawlessly for the first two years, then the valves started leaking. They were "under warranty" however, I must pay $75 for the service call. Fine, no problem. Replaced seals on valves. Worked for a couple weeks, then timer quit. Another service call and must pay for timer. Won't regenerate automatically, manual regeneration only. Another service call, I refused to pay for another one so close together... timer motor bad, replace again. Still no automatic regeneration. Call again, Timer plate must be bad, others have complained too. "We'll call you when some new timer plates come in, we're out" Still waiting for that phone call. I had them here 8 times in 6 months, same technician, tried to say it was operator error. I have a degree in Electronics Engineering... I have maintained this system for the firt two years, why would it be operator error? Said the timer was just off 12 hours and reset. Each time he came he changed my regeneration settings... last time he had all the buttons pushed to make it regenerate EVERY SINGLE DAY! The jokes on him because I always follow up behind them. It didn't matter, it still won't regenerate automatically. The timer has been stopped on midnight for over a year now. I just manually regenerate it once a week. I'm anxiously awaiting the system to stop completely so I can replace it with a $400 system from Lowes by Whirlpool. Then I'm going to remove this one, put it in the back of my truck and return it to their office in person with the news media filming.

Even after calling the corporate office in Illinois, they just tried to pacify me with words and empty promises. The owner claims to be a Christian with the Fish symbol on his business card... I don't know about you, but according to my Bible, Jesus did not look too highly upon dishonest gain.

As of November 17, 2005, I have removed the above mentioned system from my house and replaced it with a system from Lowes for $400 and installed it myself. It even has a parts list inside for do it yourselfers who may need to order parts!!!! I know I can trust me to maintain it myself.

Don't make the same mistake I did... Rainsoft is a RIPOFF!!!!!

Allen
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2005 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rainsoft-Robertson-Water-Treatment-Systems/Murfreesboro-Tennessee-37129/Rainsoft-Robertson-Water-Treatment-Systems-ripoff-Murfreesboro-Tennessee-165242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rainsoft, Robertson Water Treatment Systems

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Mark Robertson- Owner

AUTHOR: Mark Robertson - ()

Allen or Greg, we do not have your real name, first or last, therefore we can not pull up your file to help you. We service over 6,000 customers whom are all mostly satisfied and still using their systems to this day after many years. We do however, have very few systems with problems, but, when problems do occur we do everything in our power to fix, exchange or refund any money spent on the defaulted system. If there is any way we can get in touch with you to help with this matter please give us a call at the office. So sorry for the inconvenience.

Office: 615-895-6600
Email: [email protected]

Two years later....

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

Just wanted to let everyone know my replacement system I bought from Lowes still works just fine, haven't had to do one single thing to it other than refill with salt and the routine maintenance explained in the owner's manual. Still have not heard anything else from the Rainsoft people.

Two years later....

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

Unable to respond

AUTHOR: Barbara - (U.S.A.)

Upon looking at the author origin and then the person who filed by the name Allen, we are unable to respond to this complaint in a complete and concise manner after checking "all" of our records we can not find anyone with the name either Allen as first or last name that we sold a system to in 2002. If this complainent would like to give either first and last name or a "real" name and city of origin for the purchase we would love a chance to rebuttle this what I consider frivoulous complaint. No dates were given for the service calls at all.

There were some other avenues that could have been taken to resolve this and we would have explored them at the time in our every endevour to make the customer satisfied.

If someone would provide us with proper names and location we would be absolutely extatic about rebutting this.

I am the VP of Operations for this company and I know that we have not been in business for over 30 yrs and not kept the customer happy or by selling "rip off" equipment.