Complaint Review: Rainsoft Water Treatment Systems

• Submitted: Tue, October 05, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, October 23, 2004

• Reported By:PLant City Florida
Rainsoft Water Treatment Systems
www.discoverymarketinganddistributing.rainsoft.com Lakeland, Florida U.S.A.

Rainsoft Water Treatment Systems ripoff, system does not work as advertised. Breaks down constantly. Very over priced. Lakeland Florida

*Consumer Comment: Same experience with Rainsoft

Our family purchased a Rainsoft Water system approx 4 years ago after being refered by a friend. We thought the system was over priced at 6000.00 dollars but after the in home sales pitch we thought we were getting the best water system money could buy. The salesman promised us that his system would remove iron,sulfer,smell and all other impurities in our well water. He promised our clothes would be cleaner,we would use less soap, less coffee and numerous other good qualities. I am hear to tell you all the above was no where near the truth. The system never worked as advertised.

The system continually broke down for one reason or another. The system would halfway work for 3 months then break. We would call the company and complain but it got us nowhere. We wrote a letter to the company executives in Lakeland,FL trying to get our money back or a new system with no luck. After 4 years of bad water and so many service calls I lost count at 72.00 a trip and no help from the company we finally had the system ripped out. We had a new system installed by our well guy. Taking a 6000.00 loss really hurts our budget but we had to get good water. Please if you read this do not invest in Rain soft. They are a big ripoff.

John
PLant City, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2004 07:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rainsoft-Water-Treatment-Systems/Lakeland-Florida-33811/Rainsoft-Water-Treatment-Systems-ripoff-system-does-not-work-as-advertised-Breaks-down-c-111490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rainsoft Water Treatment Systems

Same experience with Rainsoft

AUTHOR: Crystal - (U.S.A.)

When we purchased our Rainsoft the salesman lied about the financing and we ended up buying it anyway. We've had it for three years, having to replace the timer motor once. Now, we need a new filter for our under the sink filter. I called our local distributor, a company called Daystar Marketing.

The "gentleman" I spoke with, who called me honey, darling and sweetie the whole time I was on the phone with him, wasn't willing to have someone come and install a new filter without me paying for a load of salt, which I didn't need. I told him that I hesitated to even call them because they had screwed me once before and this guy obviously doesn't understand the concept of customer satisfaction.

Now, I think the softener is broken and I hesitate to even call Daystar Marketing. Who else can I call that might be able to take a look at it and fix it, if necessary?