Complaint Review: Rainsoft

• Submitted: Thu, June 26, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 27, 2008

• Reported By:Pell City Alabama
Rainsoft
255 Riverchase Parkway E #C Birmingham, Alabama U.S.A.

Rainsoft I was deceived by the promised of a low APR. Birmingham Alabama

*Author of original report: $700.00 to transfer 5 MILES. (Rainsoft) B-Ham,Hoover,Alabama

Me and my ex-husband purchased the Rainsoft Water Softner in December of 2007. The saleman was very demanding in trying to sell this product,So we purchased the system. We asked him this Question, We have excellent credit what would our APR be? He said it should be around 5 to 6%.

Well guess what when we received the 1st Bill the APR was 17.99%. We flipped out and called the Company and she said they couldn't do anything about the APR Because we have already purchased the system.. Full of BS. So I went to the bank and got a $10,000 LOAN. The lady I knew was surprised that a Company could charge a high interest rate with someone who has excellent credit.

Called Rainsoft to pay our bill in full, Just because we were 1 day late they charged an additional $89.00. So overall the system cost us about $8500.00. Just image the consumers who purchase this product and don't pay attention to there APR. It could take them forever to pay there water softner OFF!!!! Our belive our bill was $160.00 a month and $140.00 went to the APR and Guess what Only $20.00 went to the product..

The Company for Rainsoft is a Fruad and a Ripoff. When you invest in something so high in cost there shouldn't be a 3day period to see if you like it or not. What makes me angry we signed the contract. (Not Thinking). So I hope we all learned a lesson. Run there Reputation to the Ground!!!!!!!!!

Pamela
Pell City, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2008 09:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rainsoft/Birmingham-Alabama-35244/Rainsoft-I-was-deceived-by-the-promised-of-a-low-APR-Birmingham-Alabama-344820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rainsoft

$700.00 to transfer 5 MILES. (Rainsoft) B-Ham,Hoover,Alabama

AUTHOR: Pamela - (U.S.A.)

Here is a update on the Rainsoft
Just got off the phone with the Company from Rainsoft. As you know I am going through a divorce. Asked the lady if they could transfer the system to my new location, she said hold on let me see what the price would be... I told her the gentleman who put the softner in said there was no Fee. Well once again here we go. They wanted $700.00 to transfer it from one location to the other. A difference of maybe 5 miles. I told the lady they were Crazy, and what comes around goes around. The BIG MAN who owns this Company REMEMBER!!! GOD SEES ALL!! Do unto others as you would want done to YOU!!!