Complaint Review: Rainsoft

• Updated: Fri, February 17, 2012

• Reported By: Ermel — Hamilton New Jersey United States of America
Rainsoft
2080 East Lunt Ave. Elk Grove Village, Illinois United States of America

Rainsoft Professional Water Services, local dealer in NJ Rainsoft is a deceptive inscrutable Company! Beware! Elk Grove Village, Illinois

*Author of original report: Waste of $$$

*Author of original report: Incredible Price Paid......

*Author of original report: Response From Consumer..

*UPDATE Employee: we would like to help with your problem

I am obligated in the name of justice and fair play to report the Rainsoft Co. as a very aggressive and deceptive company and in particular, one of its dealers "Professional Water Services" in NJ.
I was a victim of Rainsoft a few years ago and continue to today, but no more.
The Rainsoft salesman lied and high pressured me to purchase an outrageously over-priced water conditioner, or commonly called water softener, claiming that my water needed conditioning in order to save the  house plumbing from corrosion, and soap, water, and  shampoo.
He tested the water on the spot and recommended this over-priced water conditioning system on the spot for a ridiculous amount of money at the time, and if I purchased today they would discount the price about $1,000.
I fell for it and agreed, because at the time I knew no better. [continued below]....
..... "Let The Buyer Beware".
Little did I know that what he called a water conditioner was just a common water softener, which Sears sold for 1/3 the price. Also, they insisted that the conditioner needed maintenance service every 2 years, to replace the resin tank and check system out, blah, blah, blah. This cost approx. $200 and keeps going up in future. I managed to go myself to the service headquarters and exchange my used tank for a fresh one once, for about half the cost, but it was too time consuming for me, so they have been doing the service last couple yrs.
I decided to do research on water softeners, and I found out that the cation resin in the tank should last 20 yrs., minimum 10 yrs. with no problem.
It seems they add carbon, which breaks down the resin prematurely, and therefore the 2 yr. maintenance call. Bastards! They create problem and fix problem, to charge you $$$
Stay away from Rainsoft, thinking about a lawsuit!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2012 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rainsoft/Elk-Grove-Village-Illinois-60007/Rainsoft-Professional-Water-Services-local-dealer-in-NJ-Rainsoft-is-a-deceptive-inscrutab-833301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rainsoft

Waste of $$$

AUTHOR: Ermel - ()

I beg everyone not to fall for their presentation and lies, money doesn't grow on trees!

Incredible Price Paid......

AUTHOR: Ermel - (United States of America)

I'd thought I would mention the total price I paid back in 2001.
I paid $4,690.00 plus 7% tax for a lousy water softener!
Boy, was I duped!

Response From Consumer..

AUTHOR: Ermel - (United States of America)

Mr. Harmon, there are plenty of certified dealers out there with "Reasonable" Warranties, that do not charge as much as your dealers. A lifetime warranty in actuality means very little, because it is only on the tank, which is constantly being changed out anyway.

Also, if anything, I would just like a resin bead tank, instead of the carbon/resin tank. If you cannot do this then forget about it.

we would like to help with your problem

AUTHOR: scott - (United States of America)

Hello!  My name is Scott Harmon I am the director of customer satisfaction for Aquion, Inc. the parent company of RainSoft.  We are the manufacturer of RainSoft water treatment equipment.  Since 1953, we have worked with our network of independent authorized dealers to provide the finest water treatment equipment in the industry.  I am sorry to hear that your experience did not measure up to the standards that we work to uphold.  While all our dealers strive for 100% customer satisfaction, we know that there will be times when we fall short of the mark. I feel that some of your information is not accurate plus it is important when comparing with other brands that price is not the only thing you  look at, the warranty and proper certifications such as WQA and NSF are very important as well. There are a lot of inferior products on the market today.   I would be happy to speak with you regarding your experience and even work with your local dealer to solve or clear up any misinformation.