Complaint Review: Raisin' Kane Great Danes

• Submitted: Tue, May 22, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, December 16, 2012

• Reported By: Charles — Tucson Arizona United States of America
Raisin' Kane Great Danes

Raisin' Kane Great Danes refused to send dog or return money, kept 350$ and provided nothing but hostility and name calling Internet

*Author of original report: Look...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Also dont believe this!

*Consumer Comment: Hard To Believe

*Author of original report: Ridiculous

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: You need a reality check Mr. Sutton

*Consumer Comment: I would absolutely buy a dog from RKGD

*Author of original report: Try and use the truth for once.

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: The author of this report was the only one running a scam!

January 31st, 2012 - Contacted Raisin' Kane Great Danes about a 16 week old black male Great Dane puppy that was listed on Next Day Pets. The owner, stated it was sold already, but that there was "a black boy in the litter born last night. The black pups will be 550, harlequins 1250, merles 950."  We stated our desire to purchase the black male Dane for $550.

February 3rd, 2012 - Sent a partial deposit of $25 to hold the puppy.  The amount of the deposit she usually asked was $350. It was never stated that this was a non-refundable deposit - "A 350
deposit holds the puppy and you have until he goes home to pay him off." The breeder agreed that we could pay off the remainder of the deposit at a later date, since there was still 2 months before the puppy would be ready to go.

February 17th, 2012 - We desired to pay off the balance entirely, and inquired if we should send the cost of the flight to Raisin' Kane as well.  The breeder stated that the puppy's flight is paid for when they arrive to the buyer, but she would need an extra $100 sent to her to cover the cost of medical certificate and crate.  We sent her the remainder of the balance which was $525, plus the extra $100, in total $625. The breeder sent us an email in which she stated we were paid in full.

We made sure to set aside $300 that we were expecting to pay the airline when the puppy arrived.

March 17th, 2012 - The breeder stated she would be making flight arrangements for the puppy to arrive to us on March 27th.

March 19th, 2012 - The breeder sent a bill for $400 for "the balance of the puppy" and another $100 for "crate and health certificate".

We reminded her that we were paid in full, and she apologized, stating, "No, it's me.

Just disregard it.  I've got everything confused because I haven't been able to access my account.  you paid it long enough ago that it has fallen off the register."

March 26th, 2012 - (the day before our puppy was to arrive) The breeder sent another bill for $100 for "the cost of crate and health certificate." When we sent her the previous email noting that we had paid in full, and the email containing her quote of $550 for the puppy, she told us that the quote of $550 was a typo, that the puppy was actually $650, and we would still need to send $100 for the cost of crate and health certificate.  She stated she "would like to give it some thought so I can decide what is best for all of us."  When we stated we thought the agreement had already been made and fulfilled, the breeder sent a hostile email stating, "Yes, paid in full for the puppy.  I'm done doing this.  Never and I mean never has someone paid the flight costs in advance. Since I'm not going to have the time to think about it I will go ahead and issue your refund as soon as im back at the house.  I don't like being forced to make a snap decision and I refuse to do it."

We sent an email stating that "this is just an issue of you stating from the beginning it was $550 for the pup and $100 for the cost of the crate and accessories and that we have paid in full.  I am not sure where the hostility is coming from, we are not asking for a snap decision of anything, we have been eagerly awaiting a puppy and have fulfilled our part of the bargain. I am sorry if you feel wronged but this has come as a complete shock to us."

After not hearing back from the breeder for the rest of the day, that night we sent an email asking if she had come to a decision.  She then stated that she felt "uncomfortable" and thought it would be better for everyone if she just issued a refund.

We then inquired about when we could expect to see the refund.

March 27th, 2012 - After not hearing from the breeder all day, she finally sent an email in the  evening stating she needed to transfer money to her PayPal account, and that we should receive a receipt for the refund in our account in 3-5 days.

April 1st, 2012 - After waiting the 5 days and still not receiving anything, we inquired if the breeder could tell us when we would be receiving the refund.  She stated she really couldn't say when we would be receiving it.  We then asked if that meant she had yet to transfer the money.

April 2nd, 2012 - The breeder finally replied to our question, stating, "It means what I said and pestering me won't speed up the process."  She also stated that she felt that we didn't need to have any further contact with each other.  That evening we sent an email to inform her that if she couldn't give us a definitive date or our full refund of $650 by April 5th, we would be filing a dispute via PayPal.  We received no communication from her.

April 3rd, 2012 - Received a pending partial refund from Raisin' Kane for $300, with a note from stating she was withholding $350 as a non-refundable deposit because we refused to pay flight costs.  We wrote an email stating that while we appreciate the $300, we never agreed to a non-refundable deposit, nor was it ever mentioned being non-refundable.  We stated that we also never refused to pay the flight costs, that in fact, we weren't given the opportunity to discuss and compromise on it - The breeder decided she would rather issue a refund.  We stated that she never disputed the dollar amount of the refund being $650, and that we would be filing a dispute via Paypal.

We received no communication from her.

April 5th, 2012 - The pending partial refund of $300 was denied by the breeder's bank. I called her in the evening to see if she wanted to talk about the situation, she stated she did not. She stated she felt wronged by my wifes tone and accusation that she was trying to get another 100$ out of us. She also stated she never intended to keep any of our money and that the typo and  mis-communication were attributed due to stress in her personal life. Her battery died shortly after, before I could find out details of a refund, and she has yet to return any of my calls or emails.

April 13th, 2012 Partial refund of 300$ was deposited back into our Paypal Account with the note Refund minus 350.00 Non-refundable deposit for black male great Dane puppy you refused to pay flight costs for. I think at this point because we have been unable to come to any agreement it is best if you direct any other questions to Paypal.

We have since contacted a lawyer who sent her a formal request for the money, she never responded. Only when I put up a post explaining the situation on the site she uses, nextdaypets.com, did she contact us back stating she was going to sue us for slander and then proceeded to be hostile (again) to my wife. The website removed my post and suggested I file the report here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2012 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Raisin-Kane-Great-Danes/internet/Raisin-Kane-Great-Danes-refused-to-send-dog-or-return-money-kept-350-and-provided-noth-886268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Raisin' Kane Great Danes

Look...

AUTHOR: csutton - (United States of America)

I don't doubt that for the most part she has followed through with other people. She does run a business after all. The research that we did led us to this breeder because of her fantastic looking dogs and genuine care that she seems to put into them.

Our issue wasn't with the dog at all, we were very excited waiting for him to be old enough to ship. In fact I had no complaints whatsoever until the day before the dog was to arrive and we found out he wouldn't be.

I did in fact retain lawyer services to send a formal complaint, they sent a copy to her and to me. When it was ignored I decided to not pursue serving her and decided to eat the 350$ and purchase a different pup out of Washington. Our experience with that breeder gave us much more confidence.

I still disagree with her refusing to send us a dog due to a typo and misunderstanding and then on top of that keeping the money we gave her, but that's just how stuff shakes out I guess. I think the biggest surprise is that we were never even given the chance to send more money, when we questioned it she flat refused to do business.

In my final response I just want to assure people I was completely honest in the account of what happened. I'm glad other people have received their pups and that what happened to me is an isolated occurrence.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Also dont believe this!

AUTHOR: STSummit - (United States of America)

I purchased a brindle puppy from Raisin' Kane Great Danes in April of 2012 with zero issues or hassles, turns 3 years old next Feb!

I now have 2 great danes and the only reason I didn't get the second one from RKGD's was because she didnt have a Blue at the time.

Sounds like this customer did more research and decided to back out since Great Dane's require way more of everything to own and take care of. Obviously a good thing you didn't get this dog, you are definitely not cut out to be a owner of this breed.

Dont believe the lawyer part either. You are going to pay a lawyer much more than the money you think you are owed, haha.

Hard To Believe

AUTHOR: LaylaMarieB - (United States of America)

I find your explanation of what happened very hard to believe.  I purchased a female fawn from this breeder in Febuary of 2010.  She will be two years old in November.  The breeder was very helpful throughout the entire process.  She answered all of our questions and was never nasty or rude.  We went to her home to pick our puppy up and she was extremely nice.  Since purchasing our puppy we have contacted her several times with questions about the dog or breed and she was helpful then as well.  If I remember correctly her words were call my home number or email me if you ever need anything.  Whenever we contacted her she responded fairly quickly.  We also had no trouble with purchasing the puppy which was all done through paypal.  She stated in the very beginning that the deposit was non refundable. Our deposit was also $350.00 and our puppy was $850.00  I had no trouble what so ever with this breeder and I plan to buy another puppy from her in the future.

Ridiculous

AUTHOR: csutton - (United States of America)

I never refused to pay shipping costs, it was you that kept changing the price, we would have paid the extra 100$ if you wouldn't have gone psycho. This is the same thing I have always said and you will just flip it around like you have always done.

Take the 350$ you stole from me and be happy but don't think you can take away my right to voice a complaint and explain my side of things.

And you damn well know you got something from my lawyer, I got a copy of the exact same packet in the mail at the same time you should have received it. If you want I can take a picture and upload it to the site.

I could pay the 50-100$ to serve you but do I really want to go through any more hassle? That was rhetorical, don't bother answering.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

You need a reality check Mr. Sutton

AUTHOR: RKGD - (United States of America)

At the risk of encouraging you or in any way dignifying anything that you've said, I feel like some of your exaggerations need to be addressed.

First, I've never been contacted by an attorney on your behalf. Why would I be? The only legal issue you have is slandering my name and my company. I have absolutely no problem with you telling anyone anything provided it is true and accurate and very little of what you have said is. I never refused to sell you a puppy or provide a puppy, I refused to pay flight for a puppy as that is at the expense of the new owner. I did however keep your deposit which is common practice especially after a situation like yours. Your refusal to pay for flight expense kept that puppy from going to a home as soon as he should have. You wasted my time and the opportunity for that puppy to find a good family that didn't have a problem paying their expenses. I'm still unsure why you fail to mention how many places you have complained to and were told the same thing, paypal, next day pets, and the better business bureau all found your complaints baseless and found no wrong doing on my part yet I dont see that anywhere in your "complaint" you so desperately posted with a company that doesn't fact check and won't remove it unless I pay them to do so. Isn't it odd that you chose a scam to complain about a scam? That alone speaks to your character. I guess it has never occurred to you that I can provide hundreds of references or that I can show copies of every insection that I've had and passed without any complaint? There are so many ways to verify a breeder has a good reputation and good business practice. This just isn't one of them.

This website is for bitter angry people that want to damage another persons reputation with no recourse and I assure you Mr. Sutton there is recourse and the only thing laughable is you thinking you are somehow unaccountable. You are an extremely unstable person that I encourage to post proof of letters from attorneys or from the better business bureau, or paypal. I can and will be more than happy to provide them to anyone that is interested. Anyone can also bypass that and just call those businesses and request a reference. Aside from you there won't be any other complaints and of course yours was found to be baseless. I am posting this at 1am eastern time and I'll bet anything that because all you do is sit in front of your computer and send out hate mail that you will respond in very short order with something that makes you look even more vicious than you already do. If your going to respond, please, please provide some documentation to support you factless claim.

Since you claim to have an attorney, I also encourage you to pursue this legally. You seem to think you are in the right so why not? I'll tell you why, because you know as well as I do you will get the same response you've already gotten from reputable organizations and that is that I've not done anything wrong or in anyway done anything unfair or questionable. If I had I wouldn't be able to use paypal or advertise with next day pets right? Certainly they wouldn't allow me to just scam people right?

Past this, I dont care what you post, I won't respond. I absolutely refuse to pay to have your false accusations removed and I'm confident that people are smart enough to see your post for exactly what it is, slander, and nothing more.

Post away Mr. Sutton, you've made a fool of yourself and will just continue to do so until you feel someone else has done you wrong and as long as you pester me your leaving the rest of the world alone so it's a pretty good day.

I would absolutely buy a dog from RKGD

AUTHOR: Amanda - (United States of America)

I personally have a dog that came from this breeder and I would not hesitate to purchase another in the future. I got my puppy second hand. Someone bought her from this breeder and then decided they didn't want her and resold her to me. I have talked to her many times and she has always went out of her way to answer any questions I have had. She even offered to honor her health guarantee even though she didn't have too.

Try and use the truth for once.

AUTHOR: csutton - (United States of America)

The owner of the kennel rebutts my report saying that I am the one running a scam?! Why would I run a scam that involves me giving you $350 in return for nothing?

Lets repeat that, I am out 350$ and in return you sent me nothing, when confronted you became belligerent and rude.

You ignored letters from my lawyers and then in return threatened to sue me for slander (laughable). The repercussion is that I will tell whoever I can about what exactly happened.

Congratulations, you made money for free, but don't expect me to be happy about it and then try and keep me from warning others.

#8 REBUTTAL Individual responds

The author of this report was the only one running a scam!

AUTHOR: RKGD - (United States of America)

Let's be honest about this, The only reason you have chosen to take this up in this type of forum is because you were found to be in the wrong in every other legitimate forum.

Paypal found in my favor, Next Day Pets would not allow you to slander me there, the Better Business Bureau found I did nothing wrong and you didn't have a legitimate complaint so, I guess this was your last resort.

Let me point out first that this happened in February yet you post your bogus claim here in May. Why the delay? You immediately threatened a lawsuit which I agree would be the best way to pursue this if you were truly done wrong yet I've never been contacted by anyone in that regard, nor was I contacted by this website when you posted this. Why be so secretive if you are the victim here? Why not proceed with your lawsuit?

There is no lawsuit because you do not have a case as has been found by all the above mentioned agencies. You posted this in a forum of this nature in hopes that I wouldn't find out and you could slander my name without the opportunity to defend myself.

That in itself speaks to your character. This is a company that allows claims to be made without checking the facts then offers fact checking at the cost of the accused. For anyone reading this research this company and it's policies. All of that is conveniently found at the bottom of the home page.

Now, let 's discuss what really happened. You paid for your puppy but refused to pay for the flight of that puppy and rather than offer anything reasonable you became very aggressive and threatened lawsuits.

I've never seen a normal person behave like that and after trying to find some resolution to the problem, I refunded your money minus your non-refundable deposit.

There is nothing wrong about that. That is a normal procedure for a breeder. Had you paid for your flight you would have your puppy. It's just that simple.

I really feel what you were doing is trying to get a puppy as cheaply as possible. I think you were trying to bluff and threaten with lawsuits in hopes I would be afraid not to pay for your flight costs. You thought if you were loud enough and complained enough, regardless of how ridiculous your claims were that I would do anything to quiet you. Like reduce the cost of your puppy and pay your flight.

I have ALL correspondence related to my unfortunate dealing with you and I have no problem posting EVERY email from you, pay pals findings, and the Better Business Bureas findings.

I've noticed you didn't mention that here. Well, you want the truth to be known so why don't you add that to your report? I encourage to be completely forth coming and not just post what you want seen as you've done thus far.

If you are a victim surely you will have no problem providing that information. If your not comfortable providing it, it's public record and anyone can request it.

I will remind you again that if you are willing to pay full price like everyone else and you are willing to pay for flight or pick a puppy up, I will apply your deposit to a puppy but you haven't chosen to do that.

The only resolution you looked for in all of this is what will I GIVE you since you've labeled yourself a victim and will do anything to slander my name if I don't do what you demand.

Although it's hard to hold this website responsible for your post as they so proudly state, you are responsible and I fully intend to pursue that.

You can continue to post whatever you want wherever you want but every time it's brought to my attention it will also be brought to the attention of my attorney.

Until this point I have been patience with your nonsense because I knew if I was wrong one of the above agencies would have brought that to my attention but this is beyond what I'm willing to tolerate.

#9 REBUTTAL Individual responds

The author of this report was the only one running a scam!