Complaint Review: Ramada Plaza Resort Imperial Cruise Vacations

• Submitted: Fri, January 21, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, January 21, 2005

• Reported By:cork Europe
Ramada Plaza Resort Imperial Cruise Vacations
http://www.usaholidays.net/usaholidays/detail.html Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Ramada Plaza Resort Imperial Cruise Vacations Holiday prize Phone scam targets Irish customers ripoff Orlando Florida

THURS Female caller offering a simple phone survey with the chance to win a holiday gift voucher to the value of $1000.

Survey covered marital status, last holiday cost, type of credit card used. Would inform me within 72 hours whether I was a winner.

FRID Female caller Guess what! I had won a holiday voucher to the value of $3,889. "how do you feel"...says she estactic says I. The offer would last for 18 months after which time I could extend it for a further 18 months. Wow!

First hitch; could I confirm my wife's first name (yup I had lied on the survey)ahmm Clare says I. Could she come to the phone (see what telling lies does) ahmm no I'm sorry she's at work (second lie: I'll burn in hell I know). "I'm sorry we are unable to continue with this offer without your wife's permission" oh no! says I. "When can you get her to confirm she's interested in this offer" no problem I'll talk to her later, oh she'll be interested alright.

Female agreed to call back on Monday and proceeded to advise me of the holiday offer, 4 adult tickets to universal studios, sea world, personal valet on cruise ship ("who would cater for our every need") etc. minor payments for local taxes and boarding charges. So I could better convince my wife (who dosen't exist)

Second hitch I would have purchase my own flight - no problem! says I. She directed me to an english company offering cheap flights to Orlando (isn't she very helpful?). Third little hitch, because of the lottery/tax laws in Florida I must understand that I have voluntarily agreed to take part in the promotion. Oh begorrah i understand says I. Fourth hitch, I would have to transmit $895 to them before they would send the voucher. Could I not see a contract NO says she, could I examine the terms and conditions on a website NO says she "the contract must be agreed over the phone". (Smell a rat yet?)

She advised that the call on Monday would be recorded for my credit card company, and a copy would be sent to the insurance company covering the holiday (whose name escapes me at present). And that's as far as we've got at present, tune in later to see if silly Irishman agrees to the have his voice recorded. Will he accept the offer?, is it too good to be true?

Eddie
cork
Ireland

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Ramada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2005 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ramada-Plaza-Resort-Imperial-Cruise-Vacations/Orlando-Florida/Ramada-Plaza-Resort-Imperial-Cruise-Vacations-Holiday-prize-Phone-scam-targets-Irish-custo-128484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ramada Plaza Resort Imperial Cruise Vacations