Complaint Review: Ramada Plaza Resorts - Imperial Majesty Cruise

• Submitted: Wed, January 14, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 14, 2009

• Reported By:Saint John NorthWest Territorie
Ramada Plaza Resorts - Imperial Majesty Cruise
CMTT Marketing, Toronto, Ontario Orlando/Fort Lauderdale/Nassau, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Ramada Plaza Resorts - Imperial Majesty Cruise Wouldn't allow confirmation before committing and giving credit card number Orlando/Fort Lauderdale/Nassau Florida

My husband answered a telephone survey and the the next evening a phone caller informed him he had won a trip to Orlando/Fort Lauderdale at Ramada Plaza Resorts and a Cruise on the Imperial Majesty and more. There was an unlimited mileage rental car with Alamo and bonus vacations. Although it "seemed to good to be true" it was very professionally done with a employee number and name etc. The offer had to be taken that evening. Warning bells. We were both on the phone and I asked if we could call and confirm and was evaded several times, although I was told there was a 1-800 number. There was a very lengthy sales pitch when she asked my husband for the expiry date on his charge card. More warning bells. Then the first number. That's when I said "no way".

When I began resisting the woman started putting on the pressure and saying this was worth $5500. I said I didn't care and I didn't give out my credit card number on the phone. There was suppose to be an e-mail sent to us before the call, but there wasn't and that wouldn't have mattered since they were forcing us to make the decision right then without any confirmation or research on our part.

I'm very glad we said no and cannot believe Ramada hasn't tried to restore it's good name. This scam has obviously reached all the way to Eastern Canada and is not well known up here yet, but it will be.

Fortunately no money was spent and we were very glad to read all the Ripoff Reports to confirm our fears.

Saint John, NorthWest Territories

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-Imperial-Majesty-Cruise/OrlandoFort-LauderdaleNassau-Florida/Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-Imperial-Majesty-Cruise-Wouldnt-allow-confirmation-before-committi-412133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ramada Plaza Resorts - Imperial Majesty Cruise