Complaint Review: Ramada Plaza Resorts OFV

• Submitted: Tue, June 09, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 09, 2009

• Reported By:West Dundee Illinois
Ramada Plaza Resorts OFV
2419 E. Commercial Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Ramada Plaza Resorts OFV Paid $898 for the vacation package, they called claiming that the initial charge was just for one person Fort Lauderdale Florida

In december 2007 I bought this package that included a trip to Fort Lauderdale and a cruise, a 7 day vacation from Ramada Plaza. It cost $798 but for 100 more I was 'able' to make it available for 36 months (as opposed to 18). I was assured that this was the entire cost of the trip, the only fees that we were supposed to pay were $198 per person.

1 year and half later I have not been able to take the trip due to personal events, opening a new business and my mothers death among others. I was still planning to take it this fall.

Except that ... today I got a phone call from someone asking for $898 dollars more just to keep this vacation valid for 18 more months and telling me that the initial charge was just a deposit that covered one person. He assured me that if he hangs up the phone without me paying the rest, that all the money will be forfeited. I know for a fact that when I purchased the package, I was assured the $898 covered the whole trip. I have the 'Terms and Conditions' in front of my right now, it clearly says that the fee I paid covers two adults and all I owe them is $198 per person.

I asked for the person's name and number, he said he was 'Mister' Gomez and gave me a phone number. He sounded very cocky and mentioned several times forfeiting my money if I didn't decide to pay right away. He also told me at the end of the conversation that 'with this job, I am sure I am making more money than you' when I told him that I am getting frustrated with his company, not with him since this is just a job for him. The number I received ... I called back several times and a different person answers telling me that she can have 'Mister' Gomez call me back. My husband called too and couldn't get in touch with neither Mister Gomez nor his supervizor. Nobody called us. He sent me an email while we were on the phone for the first time that said that $898 is the fee per person ... BUT I have never agreed to a per person fee. The email came from friendly@imcvregistration.com. I do not want to pay additional money for this, I don't even think that the 1300 I'll end up paying in the end is worth it. Honestly, I just want all my money back right now and hope to never have to deal with them again.

I didn't contact the company yet but I'll do that tomorrow. I just think this is a scam and I want to know if there is anyone else out there that had this happening to them.

Ana
West Dundee, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2009 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-OFV/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33308/Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-OFV-Paid-898-for-the-vacation-package-they-called-claiming-that-the-460191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ramada Plaza Resorts OFV