Complaint Review: Ramada Plaza Resorts Orlando - Ft. Lauderdale Vacations

• Submitted: Thu, December 13, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, October 07, 2008

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
Ramada Plaza Resorts Orlando - Ft. Lauderdale Vacations
2419 E. Commercial Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Ramada Plaza Resorts Orlando - Ft. Lauderdale Vacations Canada - Got my refund, fairly easy too! Ft. Lauderdale Florida

*Consumer Comment: thank you!!!

*UPDATE Employee: Verification Process

I too was sucked into this scam, here is how: I was at the Hobby Show that was held at the International Centre in Toronto near Pearson Airport. Near the entrance there was a promotion for a free trip to Ft. Lauderdale and the Bahamas. I entered the contest without giving any second thought, and soon forgot about it entirely.

Several weeks later I received a call telling me that I had won a vacation. I remembered entering some contest at the hobby show and knew that this was it, though at the time I didn't even remember what the prize was.

The woman on the phone spoke very quickly, and I must not have been paying full attention to what she was saying - the only thought that had crossed my mind was that I had won the raffle that I had entered a few weeks ago.

So to make a long story short, I was suckered into it, and realized what was happening within 5 minutes of hanging up. I immediately called my credit card company, but the transaction had already been processed. Then thankfully I came across this website.

A few days later I called the Canadian number (1-800-203-9783) to cancel my trip and obtain a FULL REFUND. The rep on the phone tried to offer me other packages and reduced rates but I remained firm on my decision to cancel. When I stated that I wanted a FULL REFUND, however, he claimed that it was not possible, even after I mentioned the Florida Statues of Trade document, since some of the funds had already been allocated to Ramada's sponsors and parters in the Bahamas. At this point I knew he was full of BS and asked to speak to a supervisor. He said that he didn't see what that would accomplish, since his supervisor would tell me the same thing that he did about the partial refund, but I persisted and remained polite, and was eventually transferred to a supervisor.

Once I was on the phone with him, I explained the situation to him, and quoted the number of dissatisfied customers that I had seen on this website, and as soon as he heard that, he implemented the cancellation with no questions asked :) No sales pitches, no "better offers", just exactly what I asked for. I asked for a cancellation reference number and his name and ID, and he happily provided them, and that was it.

3 or 4 days later, the charges were reversed, and I now have my money back! Of course the Canadian Dollar dropped about 4 cents from the time that I purchased the vacation to the time that I cancelled, so I ended up losing $25 in the currency conversion difference, but I will consider that to be my own punishment for getting suckered into this in the first place.

Gotscammed
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2007 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-Orlando-Ft-Lauderdale-Vacations/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida/Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-Orlando-Ft-Lauderdale-Vacations-Canada-Got-my-refund-fairly-eas-291402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ramada Plaza Resorts Orlando - Ft. Lauderdale Vacations

thank you!!!

AUTHOR: Sn - (Canada)

after reading your report i got on the phone right away and got my refund back!
i also posted my ripoff report on here stating what the put me through.
just wanted to say thank you for your help.

Verification Process

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

In response to the consumer from Canada, the entire vacation was repeated again during the verification process. The consumer was asked if he/she agreed to the charges, thats when the interjection should have taken place. We are proud to say we have sailed over a million people, our sucess rate will outweigh the consumers that arent pleased, We have numerous testimonies from consumers like yourself, that were very pleased with our vacations, and would travel with us again.My policy is, if your not 100% sure of something your purchasing, ASK QUESTIONS??? Its that simple.