Complaint Review: Ramada Plaza Resorts Orlando - Ft.louderdale Vacations

• Submitted: Fri, July 11, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, January 09, 2010

• Reported By:canton Georgia
Ramada Plaza Resorts Orlando - Ft.louderdale Vacations
2419 E. Commercial Boulevard,suite 100 Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Ramada Plaza Resorts RAMADA RESORTS FORT LAUDERDALE & ORLANDO FL scam rude people,lies, false information from telemarketers Fort Lauderdale Florida

*General Comment: Expensive "test" is not reasonable

*UPDATE Employee: Judge For Yourself

I bought this wonderful vacation package on 9-28-2007 which included 4 days 3 nights in Orlando, 3 days 2 nights in Ft. Lauderdale, and 3 days 2 nights in Las Vegas with a choice between a car rentals or 2 sea world tickets. I fell for this very nice sale person who convinced me that my family and I will have wonderful luxury vacation that will last a lifetime in our memories at a very affordable price. I paid $198.00 over the phone to the sale person and another $58 when I made the reservation. My family and I were very excided and were looking forward for the vacation. We went to our wonderful luxury vacation on July 10, 2008. But, our night mare started it when we turned in to the Ramada Maingate West hotel in Orlando. The hotel looked nothing like a resort. My husband I thought for a minutes that we were in the wrong place. But I still kept my hopes up. When I got to the welcome center while waiting in line, I saw so many unhappy customers. The person at welcome center told me that I will have to attend the vacation ownership presentation to get the sea world tickets which was never mentioned during the sale pitch. When I told him that I was never told about it and I will not go there. He was very rude and told me that if I dont attend the vacation ownership presentation, I can not get my sea world tickets and I will have to pay for the retail rate of the hotel for the entire stay. After he told me, he turned away from me and answers the phone. After 10 hours of driving and wait in line, my family and I were all very tired. My husband was getting angry and my 3 years old was crying. So, we decided to forget about the sea world tickets and check in so we can all get some rest. I went to front desk to check in. While I was waiting in line to check in I hard people were talking about how horrible the rooms were. At that point, I was getting very worried. I asked a hotel clerk if I can see the hotel room before I pay for the full retail rate. She simple told me NO. When I asked her to speak to the manager, she told me that if I leave my driver license with her I can go see the room. When I saw the room, I couldnt believe my eyes. It was far from luxury hotel room. It was dirty, smelly, rundown, and in pretty bad shape. I stayed at Motel 8 before and it was much better than that. I couldnt believe that it was happening to me. I went back to the front desk and told her that I will not be staying there. She told me that I will have to go back to the welcome center. So, I dragged my husband and my son back to the welcome center. They told me to fax my problems to complain department. That was it. After that my family and I left that horrible place. I cant believe they said on the packageRamada Plaza Resorts are dedicated to making your travel dreams a reality. It should really said, Your worst vacation nightmare come true.

Wendy
canton, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2008 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-Orlando-Ftlouderdale-Vacations/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33308/Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-RAMADA-RESORTS-FORT-LAUDERDALE-ORLANDO-FL-scam-rude-peoplelies-fa-350320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ramada Plaza Resorts Orlando - Ft.louderdale Vacations

#1 General Comment

Expensive "test" is not reasonable

AUTHOR: Anna - (USA)

In reading the comments posted by a representative of Ramada Plaza Resorts, which in and of itself makes me suspicious, it seems that this representative is suggesting that we consumers "judge for ourselves" the quality or this company's vacation package by spending our hard-earned money just to find out for ourselves if the package is worth the money or not.

If I go and it turns out to be as dreadful as countless others have stated, then (1) I am out a LOT of money, and (2) I have subjected myself to an unpleasant ordeal.

I would prefer to err on the side of caution, save my money for a vacation that I have researched fully, and in which I have more confidence than I have for this company and it's offering.

Moreover, I will chose to give my money to businesses that have more positive reputations and whose representatives at least speak to its customers - or potential customers - in a more respectful and courteous manner; be that on the telephone or via the Internet.

Judge For Yourself

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

In response to the woman with the $1,300 voucher, their are numerous complaints on every company and corporation in America. All you would need to do is look them up. If a bunch of people tell you to jump off a cliff, are you gonna do it, or think for yourself. Their are plenty of supported facts from consumers just like yourself, whom have had a wonderful time on our vacatios. Look them up at IMCV.NET. They didn't listen to other people, instead they saw for themselves. The value, most definately there. They would normally have spent WELL over $2,000 for this vacation. And that is not including the bonuses given.