Complaint Review: Ramada Plaza Resorts, Orlando/Ft. Lauderdale Vacations

• Submitted: Tue, June 03, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 09, 2008

• Reported By:2 California
Ramada Plaza Resorts, Orlando/Ft. Lauderdale Vacations
2419 East Commercial Blvd, Suite 100 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 954-630-9449
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

My Vacation Moments Or Ramada Plaza Resorts, Orlando/Ft. Lauderdale Vacations Timeshare instead of Travel package Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308Ft. Lauderdale Florida

*Consumer Comment: This company PROMPTLY refunded my money!

*UPDATE Employee: Misinformed

Sales team of myvacationmoments.com was pushing my husband to buy their travel package for a week. After they charged his card they told the truth it wasn't travel package it was a timeshare Seminar Sales. Next day we asked them to return money back and the refused to do it. We asked our bank to stop this transaction but they were not able to reverse it back.

Per California Time Share Law myvactionmoments.com must:
(a) Provide full and fair disclosure to the purchasers and prospective purchasers of time-share plans.

myvactionmoments.com violated California law by, among other things: (1) engaging in false or misleading advertising; (2) selling "Seller Assisted Marketing Plans" without providing required disclosures to purchasers and without providing substantiation for earnings claims; and (3) conducting seminar sales without notifying purchasers, orally and in writing, that they had three days within which to cancel any contract they signed with the client.

Name
2, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2008 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-OrlandoFt-Lauderdale-Vacations/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33308/My-Vacation-Moments-Or-Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-OrlandoFt-Lauderdale-Vacations-Timeshare-in-336712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ramada Plaza Resorts, Orlando/Ft. Lauderdale Vacations

This company PROMPTLY refunded my money!

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

After my husband and I agreed to an 8-day vacation package via Imperial Majesty Cruises/Ramada Plaza Resorts - I went online to read about it and found all of the negative reports.

TO CANCEL - CALL WITHIN 3 DAYS OF PURCHASE. I called the next day due to feeling awful about my purchase. They passed me to a representative who tried her best to get me to keep the vacation. I kept repeating myself "no thank you, I want to cancel" "I appreciate your offer, I want to cancel" After about 5 minutes she agreed.

I received a cancellation confirmation number and she said the charges would be refunded within 14 days.

They sent a postcard in the mail a few days later again to confirm my cancellation.

In ONE WEEK they refunded my canceled purcahse to my credit card.

This company does refund your money if you do it within three days of purchase!

Misinformed

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

The complaint involving the traveler from California is indeed invalid. What has transpired here is a misunderstanding by the traveler. Our policy is to offer the vacation package that most of our travelers enjoy, We inform the consumer this package was made available at an 80% reduction off the retail actual price, But because they were awarded one of our complimentary cruises, and coming from quite a distance, this would be advantagious. They are informed once by the travel coordinator during the presentation, and again during the audio receipt or tape recording of their vacation package and its contents.

At that point, they agree to the vacation, and have the opportunity to decline. Nothing has been hidden. There is a statutory period as well. We have traveled over a million people and if you compare the reults, you will see we have had more positive feedback than the few here out of millions that vacationed with us.