Complaint Review: Ramada Plaza Resorts

• Submitted: Mon, May 05, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, May 09, 2003

• Reported By:Garland Texas
Ramada Plaza Resorts
2419 East Commercial Blvd Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-513-0943
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Ramada Plaza Resorts I guess I'm a sucker too! Fort Lauderdale Florida

*Consumer Comment: I would love to know more details about the owners.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: the best way to battle these rip off artists

*Author of original report: Joan needs to learn what "I want to cancel" means!

I got a call last Saturday morning telling me that I could "reactivate" an old package I purchased in 1998 from National Travel Services (now defunct) by paying the $698.00 "balance due."

After some 45 minutes making the rep explain the deal, it came down to the fact that they "don't really sell the $698.00 package much" BUT, for ONLY $798.00 I could get "a much better package, including a CARNIVAL cruise." After thinking about it, I decided to buy.

I listened to the extremely staticy, almost unintelligible "shipping department" person rattle off the terms and conditions. I had to have him repeat himself numersous times because of the terrible phone he was on. Anyway, I NEVER HEARD ANYTHING about NON-REFUNDABLE, or I would have hung up immediately.

Unfortunately (or hopefully fortunately) I decided to do a little research on this package (received the Video and package Saturday) and discovered this forum.

I've called and been put on hold and transferred ad nauseum, finally getting a person who took my number and "someone will call me back just as soon as they get a free outgoing phone line." That was 30 minutes ago!

While I was holding, I entered a complaint at the FL Dept of Consumer Affairs and have printed several of these messages to forward to my credit card company as evidence for my dispute of the charges.

I'll be back to post my results.

Garland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2003 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ramada-Plaza-Resorts/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33308/Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-I-guess-Im-a-sucker-too-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-55692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ramada Plaza Resorts

I would love to know more details about the owners.

AUTHOR: Pam Bondi HELP US ! - ()

To employee, I hope you're still around to see this message.  Please list the owners and more information and contact me at www.thecaribbeancruisescam.com

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

the best way to battle these rip off artists

AUTHOR: Jeremy - (U.S.A.)

i have worked for the company rpr for close to 6 years in varous capacities. i was a floor manager, a trainer and a recruiter. i never trained anyone how to lie or deceive, nor did i ever condone anything but good customer service, honesty and integrity. but it seems as though this company has only one thing in mind and that's screwing people. screwing hard working honest folks who beleive in the better of things in life and are most often quite gullible.

rpr promotes itself like it is ramada corp. it isn't! if you want your money back, you simply have to return the package unopened. immediatly. you can call your credit card company and dispute the charge. you can also let the company know you are planning legal action as well as national exposure on television. these strong arm tactics are quite like the ones they use to get you to buy that day on the phone in 15 minutes, without taking time to think about it. they don't like exposure, because it messes with the response to there direct mail.

the largest office they have is located at 3666 west oakland park blvd. it is a high volume call center which though mnay of the reps are ignorant and kept from beleiving anythin else except a good value. the reality is they are selling a package for 1396 for two which is really worth about half that.... they load you up with bonuses and tickets and other exciting extra's that are all a matter of getting you to take a tour of there timeshare.

funny as it may be, once you buy, often enough they treat you worse because they hope only a percentage of people will actually use it. the rest is called breakage, and clearly means net profit... just think of all the thousands of people who don't do anything and just say the heck with it...... lot of money....

i am dedicated to taking them down... i feel it's a blessing that i lost my job. they screwed me out of my last paycheck and furthur more just ofr the record the only reason i worked there as long as i did, was to provide for my family and i tried my darnest to promote on the sales floor, ethics and quality salesmanship. there are many good people who work in some of these rooms who are simply brainwashed. the real crooks are the owners
( individual franchises). i have all there names and whereabouts if anyone cares to know. i would love nothing else than to see them on tv in cuffs

e-mail me if you are interested... i'm sincere

Joan needs to learn what "I want to cancel" means!

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

After some 20 minutes on hold and listening to her "generous" offers of free food, upgraded hotels, discounted airfare, etc. Joan finally relented and agreed to cancel my package and issue a refund.

I should receive a postcard in 7 to 10 days confirming the cancellation and a credit on my credit card by the end of the next billing cycle.

Only time will tell!

Thanks to everyone here for convincing me I'd blundered once again, and for the pointers to getting a satisfactory resolution.