actually just same old story with all the others who submitted a rip-off report for Ramada Plaza Resorts, Ft Lauderdale. Some very pushy sale person trying to sale me a dream vacation for $698 USD and I fell into their trap by giving them my credit card information.
I felt very uncomfortable and tried to do some research on this resort the next day I received the call, lucky I saw this website. I tried to call back and have my money back, but whenever I called, the automated answer machine asked me for a verification number which I had never told during the converstion. I tried all number they had given me and after 3 times of trail... of course it said "Goodbye" to me.
The next thing I did was to call my credit card centre and explain the sitution and in hopes that I can hold/stop the transaction. However, since I authorized them the card centre just can't canceal it. They told me if I think that was a scam, I can up on a dispute. If they don't send me the package information within the date they told me, I can dispute it right away. If they did send the package info, then we'll need to do it another way. I'll need to gather as much infomation as possible to prove why I think this is a scam. (that's why I am writing this report too, I hope it'll be useful for people who are as stupid as me) Print out all information and have it fax to the card centre and they will begin an investigation.
I do want to wait for 2 weeks for the package of course, I tried to call the 1-800 number they had given me again and see if I had any luck. Lucky enough, someone answered the phone. Because I saw some of the report in here, so I know I need to stay calm and be persistence and just play the game. What I did is to not mention anything about these report I found online, or anything about scam. I told them politely that I had an family emergency and I'll not be able to make the trip in the next 2 years.
here it comes, they are willing to extend the vacations for 3 years, and they act very understandable that $1000 CND worth a lot in an emergency, so they are willing to charge only %50 of the $698 to secure the spot for me. As I was very persistent and told them I cannot aford it at this time and I need all my money back. (oh, I told them the sales on my first converstion did told me if I ever want to canceal my trip, I can get a full refund. A girl did said I cancelled it in the first place... but later on when she transfer me, the other said it was non-refundable.
But WHO CARES, I just want my money back. I'll do everything to get it) After this %50 offer was not working, she tried to bargain with me, she told me 75% refund was the best she could do, but at last she offered me to put only $89 USD to secure the spot. Of course I said NO, then she put me on hold and I waited ...she came back asking me what type of card I used and all the info. I asked IF it was a full refund and she said YES and gave me a canceallation confirmation and told me they'll credit back to me within the next 7-10 business day.
Could I be that lucky?? Seems like I am better with all other complains, but I'll have to see if I really can get the full refund. And I need to mention the person I talked to was never rude to me. Whenever I noticed we started to argue and raised my voice, I calm myself down and be very polite and understanding. So I am here to tell you that's how I played my game and hope it helps you guys. =)
thanks for the reports here
Richmond, British Columbia
Canada Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Ramada CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.