Complaint Review: Ramada Plaze Resort [RPR]

• Updated: Mon, January 04, 2010

• Reported By: Lydia H. — Ogden Utah United States of America
Ramada Plaze Resort [RPR]
2419 East Commercial Blvd Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Ramada Plaze Resort [RPR] To Increase Your Blood Pressure, Check out Ramada Plaza Resorts! Fort Lauderdale, Florida

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM! Please the read the numerous consumeraffairs alerts regarding this "business". This Ramada Plaza Resort [RPR] vacation scheme has been a huge headache for thousands of angry and disappointed consumers who were promised one thing and received another. In fact, RPR has had to settle multiple class action suits on behalf of these justifiably angry vacationers.

The RPR "agents" are incredibly pushy, arrogant, and become extremely hostile if you try and refuse an "upgrade" or attempt to get a refund. RPR frequently laments that they are non-refundable (only after you ask for a refund), which should jump out in red letters in this economy. Be sure to document everything, the date of any conversation and all important dialogue exchanges.

I am military and it took me working with Florida's Better Business Bureau to get my money back. Months after I cancelled my $800 package (2/2009) and received a refund (6/2009), I had the opportunity to talk with yet another antagonistic agent (January 4, 2010). This man stated that I had only cancelled one package and had yet another that was "set to expire." I had no idea what he was talking about. After 15 minutes of agonizingly high blood pressure, I told him that I would not be vacationing and they could have whatever money they think I paid them (again, he was calling on a bogus package). The agent became irate and said, "It's people like you that change your credit card accounts to avoid creditors. Well, we have a policy to ensure that we get our money back by force through merchant accounts. We will find you and take the money from your accounts." Oh, really? I told the rude agent that the conversation was over. I hung up on him and called 1-800-203-9783 [RPR hotline] to speak with a different agent. She confirmed that I had only one cancelled account and said that the other agent was "probably mistaken."

BEWARE! If you want to be happy, plan the vacation yourself or get a bonafide agent. Stay away from RPR!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2010 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ramada-Plaze-Resort-RPR/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-/Ramada-Plaze-Resort-RPR-To-Increase-Your-Blood-Pressure-Check-out-Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-549473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ramada Plaze Resort [RPR]