Complaint Review: Ramada Resorts - Imperial Majesty Cruise Vacations

• Updated: Sat, March 01, 2014

• Reported By:Vancouver British Columbia
Ramada Resorts - Imperial Majesty Cruise Vacations
http://www.imperialcruisevacations.com/ Internet Canada

Ramada Resorts - Imperial Majesty Cruise Vacations got called on this timeshare scam good thing I saw a report on Dateline about these guys! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

I got called out of the blue from this company saying I "won" an all expenses paid vacation to Florida and the Bahamas. At first it sounded legit but the minute the salesman said that I would require to pay $299 up front per person that's when the alarm bells started going off. I also remembered a segment I saw on Dateline by a fellow named "Wild" Bill Stanton regarding Florida timeshare scams. After I told the salesman a polite "no thanks" I quickly googled the segment and it turned out it was about this exact company. Check out the video if you've been contacted by the Ramada Plaza. Everything in the video is what the sales offered me... Pirates of the Caribbean indeed...

Olida
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2008 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ramada-Resorts-Imperial-Majesty-Cruise-Vacations/internet/Ramada-Resorts-Imperial-Majesty-Cruise-Vacations-got-called-on-this-timeshare-scam-good-310181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ramada Resorts - Imperial Majesty Cruise Vacations

Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: LauDiaz - ()

I was convinced by Mayan Palace timeshare salespeople that an upgrade to my timeshare from Mayan Palace to Mayan Place Regency would make it easier to rent and more saleable. I entered into a contract for $6,720.00 to complete this upgrade. I have since learned that this upgrade is doing nothing for me as I try to sell and rent the unit. The list of benefits is this:Elite Reservations rental program (which I had available before),RCI enhanced pkg, certificates for cruise and vacation discounts, 50% off golf green fees (previously it was 20%), senior certificare (I'm NOT a senior), no mandatory maintenance fees after 5 years if I don't use the property?? Lots of free extra benefits and vacation bonuses but nothing tangible. I owe a cash out of $4,368.00. I wonder what the consideration of this contract is? I have all the paperwork and had to email the sales office to get a list of benefits I paid for.