Complaint Review: Ramos Auto Workz

• Reported By: Swarfel89 — York Pennsylvania United States of America
Ramos Auto Workz
929 litiz pike Litiz, Pennsylvania United States of America

Ramos Auto Workz Promised me lemonade, but sold me a lemon! Litiz, Pennsylvania

On the afternoon of Friday, February 15, 2013 I purchased what I thought was a decent 2002 Honda civic from Ramos Auto Workz.

The sales man who is also the owner main selling points were that the car would need nothing. Ask I had to do is sign the papers and drive away. He also stated that a $5000 should need nothing when you buy it.

So, my boyfriend and I completed the paperwork with the 2ND owner also his wife while he went outside and removed the stickers off the windshield.

Everything seemed great, until I pulled out the lot. I live about an hour away from Litiz and not even 30 minutes into the drive the check engine light came on.

I got the car home and upon closer inspection noticed a chip in the windshield that was concealed with a sticker he had covering it. We called him and told him the problems and he said he would check out the engine light problem and he will fill in the chip although he didn't intentionally covert it up.

I also discovered that the back windows don't roll down due to a motor which he did offer to fix amazingly.

Back to the lot the car went. He later called and said the engine light was on because of bad gas or low fuel. As for the windshield he changed his story and said there was no sticker covering it and it was already filled and nothing he could do about it.

At this point, we were upset. We were going to now have to replace the windshield. He told me the engine light will clear itself and not to worry about it.

We picked the car back up and the check engine light was off, he must have reset it. Later that day it came back on and we went to advance auto to have it read.

The car needs a knock sensor and something is wrong with the evap system. I contacted him and told him it needs a sensor and he said yea I was wrong about the evap thing it does need a knock sensor. Why in the world wouldn't he tell us his mistake, especially if it could mess up the engine!

I also told him there IS Something wrong with the evap thing and now he says the gas cap is loose. I then asked if he could reimburse us for the knock sensor we had to buy and he basically said no, and he wasn't going to argue anymore about petty things. I also told him I was upset.

By this time my boyfriend is really upset. His anger got the best of him and he called the dealer and told him he sold us a piece sh*t. He told my boyfriend that we took it to a personal level now and now it's man to man and he was going to slap the sh*t out of him.

So, that's where we left off. He is a terrible business person. Who talks to their customers like that?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ramos-Auto-Workz/Litiz-Pennsylvania-17543/Ramos-Auto-Workz-Promised-me-lemonade-but-sold-me-a-lemon-Litiz-Pennsylvania-1016460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ramos Auto Workz