Complaint Review: Randall Reed Planet Ford I-45 Spring

• Updated: Mon, September 09, 2013

• Reported By: MadTexan — Spring Texas
Randall Reed Planet Ford I-45 Spring
20403 Interstate 45, Spring, TX 77378 Spring, Texas USA

Randall Reed Planet Ford I-45 Spring Planet Ford Spring Sold a used 2002 F-150 with four different brand tires after they forgot to do the inspection after I drove it off the lot. Spring Texas

*Author of original report: Company listed above

*Consumer Comment: Brands or Sizes?

Purchased a used2002 Ford F-150 with 63k miles on it, good deal, right? Not right. Had to take truck back to dealer the next day because they forgot to do the inspection on it.  Brought truck in and waited all day with little info about what was happening.  Final truck was done and dealer said they found a " bubble" in one tire so they needed to replace it.  They took the tire off and put a well worn used tire on it, but the amount of tread caused it to pass inspection.  else's than two weeks later as my two sons and I were driving on the freeway at 60 mph that tire they replaced the tread separated and came off causing the truck to loose control and eventually the truck slid off the freeway, through a grassy median, across three lanes of frontage road, and flipped over onto its top.  No other vehicles were involved in accident.  Luckily my two sons and I were not seriously injured but transported by ambulance to hospital. [continued below]....

..... The deputy at the scene told me that the truck was sold with four different brands of tires on it which should have not passed inspection.  Dealer said they will do nothing as it is a tire issue not a truck issue.  i just experienced what happened several years ago with the tread coming off thr Firestone tired causing the Ford Explorers to roll.

Sounds fishy to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2013 10:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Randall-Reed-Planet-Ford-I-45-Spring/Spring-Texas-77378/Randall-Reed-Planet-Ford-I-45-Spring-Planet-Ford-Spring-Sold-a-used-2002-F-150-with-four-1083134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Randall Reed Planet Ford I-45 Spring

Company listed above

AUTHOR: MadTexan - ()

They were different bar ands and I should have checked first. I disagree about the average joe and blowing a tire at freeway speed. Even professional race car drivers loose control when a tire is blown. As a car dealer with my reputation on the line I would have at least replaced the tire they were supposed to and told me they did during the final inspection. They are lucky that my two sons and I were not seriously injured.

Brands or Sizes?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

If there were discrepancies in tires, why did it take the Officer to point that out to you?  Tires are EASILY SEEN.  You were the buyer, you should know what you're buying.  Secondly, the blowing out or tread separation of a tire DOES NOT cause collisions.  What does is how the driver responds to the blow out or tread separation.