Complaint Review: Randy "Rocket" Cody

• Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: complaintsboard — United States of America
Randy "Rocket" Cody
Fort Worth, Texas United States of America

Randy "Rocket" Cody Randy "Rocket" Cody SCAM FOUND-FAKE PUBLICITY SERVICE Fort Worth, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Final

*Consumer Comment: Final

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Brandon M****

*Consumer Comment: Perennial Coward. Email tonight and we will settle this like men face to face.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: YOU need to stop living a life of DECEIT!

*Consumer Suggestion: AVOID, I POSTED THIS RIPOFF TO STAND AS A WARNING!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Randy "Rocket" Cody of THE METAL DEN Responds

*Consumer Comment: RANDALL CODY FORT WORTH, TEXAS

themetalden.com

Posted: 2010-10-12 by  Facedan

SCAM FRAUD
Company information: The Metal Den Texas United States

SCAMMER! FRAUD! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! Fake publicity service for bands. WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY and won't deliver.

RANDY ROCKET CODY
Posted: 2010-10-14 by soldiers666

SCAM TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT
Complaint Rating: 100 % with 5 votes
Company information: themetalden.com Texas United States

themetalden.com

TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT!!! Rocket Cody stole our band logo while representing us!!! UNBELIEVABLE BUT TRUE!!! AVOID THIS SCUMBAG!!! Randy "Rocket" Cody

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2012 12:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Randy-Rocket-Cody/Fort-Worth-Texas-/Randy-Rocket-Cody-Randy-Rocket-Cody-SCAM-FOUND-FAKE-PUBLICITY-SERVICE-Fort-Worth-Texa-945011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Randy "Rocket" Cody

Final

AUTHOR: Final - ()

Perennial Coward, Email (same email) me tonight and we will meet tomorrow. I will settle this.

Final

AUTHOR: Final - ()

Email (same email address) me tonight we will meet tomorrow. I'll settle this.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Brandon M****

AUTHOR: THE METAL DEN - (United States of America)

You couldn't handle Five Minutes Alone with me, son...  and you can go ahead and keep making all these lame internet threats but the fact remains that ORPHANED TO HATRED is the biggest fraud of all bands I've ever encountered. I should have known you were behind making this bogus claim about another band I worked with. You have my email and phone #. I don't have yours. Just like your phone number, I am sure you have changed that too a million times to keep hiding from the people you try to torment. But let me assure you that my attorney and I are watching you very closely. Stop with your games or you're going to find yourself in a serious legal suit real quick!!

Perennial Coward. Email tonight and we will settle this like men face to face.

AUTHOR: riverd - (United States of America)

Perennial Coward. Email tonight and we will settle this like men face to face.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

YOU need to stop living a life of DECEIT!

AUTHOR: THE METAL DEN - (United States of America)

The only thing that is a fraud is you and your band!

People who choose to lie and use deceptive practices themselves should not throw stones from a glass house!!

Everyone knows that I am a hard working professional! And I get results for the bands who are honest and truthful when working with me!

You call me a coward from behind a computer screen. Who is the real coward?

Randy "Rocket" Cody

#6 Consumer Suggestion

AVOID, I POSTED THIS RIPOFF TO STAND AS A WARNING!

AUTHOR: Destroy - (United States of America)

This coward was given the chance to settle a score man to man but refused. Additionally, he was cease and desisted in the same manner he intended for us. I posted this Rip off report to stand as a warning to this fake publicist on the Internet.

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Randy "Rocket" Cody of THE METAL DEN Responds

AUTHOR: THE METAL DEN - (United States of America)

SOLDIERS OF SCRAPE is a small bar band that has chosen to spread lies over the internet about the work that I do for heavy metal musical groups. My specialty is mainly press release publicity and management work conducted from my worldwide acclaimed metal news site: TheMetalDen.com.

TMD's site - with zero paid advertising - has received over one million page views thanks to visitors from 100+ countries around the globe in just the past three years alone. THE METAL DEN is a widely respected metal music authority featured at over 200+ top global rock/metal news sites/blogs/radio stations in that time.

SOLDIERS OF SCRAPE hired me to work with them for a very small amount of money as I recall, dating back to 2006... and the 'relationship' lasted for a very short time, only a mater of months. I had just started out in the business one year earlier but already gained quick notoriety for my features (interviews, reviews, breaking news) being posted exclusively at top metal news site: Metalunderground.com, wherein this band was featured as part of the service. Metalunderground's site is the current leader in overall 'metal news' audience which generally averages between 500,000 to 900,000 page views monthly.

You would think a totally 'unknown' band, like SOLDIERS OF SCRAPE, would appreciate what I was doing for them, but instead they chose to try and rush the work I was doing for them. They may have wanted to open for SLAYER but the reality is that it takes time and in-depth publicity campaigns surrounded by the successful release and sales of a musical CD... to even make a dent in such a crowded market and to book such high level gigs.

They also gave me 'full approval' to utilize a logo design for my new dot com that was loosely based off of one of their band logos at the time. This logo is no longer used by them and since that point and I have no reason to lie about this. The band turned sour when they felt they were not being booked to shows and other types of publicity via my company. Which is simply false, because I was indeed doing all the things that I said I would do for them. Again, I guess they felt I did not work fast enough!

In the end, they succeeded at getting me thrown off of metalunderground site by making a complaint to the editor at the site, which ultimately worked out okay for me because I went to work full-time on my new official dot com for my company THE METAL DEN immediately afterward and it has since 2007 become one of the biggest metal news sites in the industry, and I have worked with well over 200+ bands to date and besides this silly complaint, there is only one more out there from a fraudulent Pantera rip off band called ORPHANED TO HATRED, who uses similar bullying tactics, if they don't get what they want like spoiled little children.

All I ask anyone that is reading this is to consider the source. This band SOLDIERS OF SCRAPE have literally gone nowhere to speak of since 2006 and still remain unsigned by a reputable independent or major record label to to this date. What does that tell you?

Meanwhile my work and my bands continue to be recognized at the top rock/metal news and radio sites all over the world (TMD news is regularly featured at Blabbermouth.net, Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles, Antimusic, SixxSense, etc..) and my acts get signed to top labels like Roadrunner Records, Season of Mist, etc..

So in the end, SOLDIERS OF SCRAPE are obviously extremely bitter at my success now and have spent the better part of the last SEVEN YEARS going around spreading lies about me that are simply not true. Shame on them!!!

RANDALL CODY FORT WORTH, TEXAS

AUTHOR: complaintsboardfolowup - (United States of America)

RANDALL CODY FORT WORTH, TEXAS