Complaint Review: Randy S. Dicamillo

• Submitted: Wed, December 10, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 12, 2012

• Reported By:colorado springs Colorado
Randy S. Dicamillo
1070 Langress Cir Colorado Springs, Colorado U.S.A.

Randy S. Dicamillo Extortion Fraud, and just plain stupidity Colorado Springs Colorado

*General Comment: Disappointed & Disgusted

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: To David Marts

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Tired of it

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Your welcome to any documentation send a written request

*Author of original report: Something else to think about.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: You have more stories than the highway patrol

*Author of original report: These are the facts. (long but informative)

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Show me the facts

This report is to warn all of you about a man named Randy S. Dicamillo. He is the most inexpirienced, ungreatful, loud, obnoxious, and deceitful person I have ever met let alone do business with.

He owns, or should I say owned, a flooring company called TBR Tile located in Colorado springs, Colorado. Randy hired my father, who is an independent contractor, to do a dialysis clinic in Pueblo. Right away Randy began telling everyone how big he is and how much work he gets and how good he is at what he does. We all knew he was full of crap because he would call my dad and give him some sort of sob story about his financial situation and how he was eating this job because he bid it to low at $5.00 a yrd. His excuse for this was because of the economy. After talking him up on the price things only got worse.

When we finishing the job on October 31 Randy disappeared. He wouldnt answer his phone or return our messages and on top of that he closed the doors to his shop. We began to go around him by contacting the supervisors and general contractors so we can get paid, and what do you know we get a call from Randy. Randy tells us another story about how he had to close his shop and shut off his cell phone because "someone was threatening him and his wife almost had a miscarriage".

Long story short. We gave the supervisors an invoice for $5900.00(almost half of what is should have been), Randy tells them he'll pay us $4500.00 because he had to hire "some Mexican from Pueblo" to do some repair even though we were never contacted, and Randy couldn't BE contacted about the punch list. When asked who he hired he couldn't give us a name or even tell us what repairs had to be done. After countless phone calls, messages, and arguments Randy is now telling us the when HE gets the money he will not pay us until we give him $650.00 to cover the repairs that had to be done by this mysterious "mexican" with no name.

There is now getting through to this guy. He will lie about conversations that never took place, messages that were never left and events that never happened. The best way I can describe him is a lazy wayward child who believes in his own lies.

At this point in time it is pretty obvious of what his intentions really are with our money and hes fooling NOBODY. We have yet to be paid (Dec.10) and last I heard Randy is now trying to open a restaurant (I don't know if this is true) Avoid Randy S. Dicamillo at all cost...!

Joel
colorado springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2008 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Randy-S-Dicamillo/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80919/Randy-S-Dicamillo-Extortion-Fraud-and-just-plain-stupidity-Colorado-Springs-Colorado-400006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Randy S. Dicamillo

#1 General Comment

Disappointed & Disgusted

AUTHOR: Tammy - (United States of America)

To start off i'd like to discuss why Dave my cousin is lashing out at my husband and his business.  First of all Dave was given a job but, he proved to be not dependable after a week or so.  He was paid in full when he left with no complaints.  He got himself in some trouble by stealing stuff from his grandfather and pawning it for drugs.  His grandfather didnt press charges, cause he didn't want him to go to jail.  So since he is family, Randy offered to give him another chance to work and, a week goes by and he is paid in full no complaints.

He then doesn't show up for work the beginning of the following week, he disappears.  He then goes and, moves out of state and writes $1000 dollars worth of bad checks and once again his Grandfather bails him out to keep him from going to jail.  Then sometime later his grandfather tells us hes straightening his life up with no stealing or drugs  or drinking and hes going to church and how he really needed to work.  Cause he just foundout his g\f is pregnant so they got married and moved back, and was staying with family.

So Randy once again decides he would give him 1 last chance and gives him a job.  Things were actually really good and it seemed that Dave was stepping up and being responsible.  We had to leave town for a week and so Randy asked him if he would mind staying at our home and looking after our animals and house sit while we were gone he agreed.  This was a great time for Dave and his wife to actually have sometime alone since they got married.  So on both ends it seemed to be a good ideal at the time.  We left being and feeling reassured our home and beloved animals were in good hands.  Unfortunately the end results were very heartbreaking and disappointing.

Before we left for our trip Randy gave Dave money for the week he worked and he was okay with it no complaints and even gave him an extra $100. dollars for watching our home and animals.  Everyday we were gone Randy would call Dave and make sure they were okay as well as our animals and home.  He continiously reassured us everything was okay.  3 days before we got back suddenly when Randy called no answer nothing.  So I tried calling samething for me.  The last 3 days of our trip was quite stressful, cause we were extremely worried about our animals and our home and Dave and his wife.

During the last 3 days of our trip we still tried to contact Dave with the same results no answer.  I tried so hard to not think negative, and remain positive.  Once we did get home it was like walking into a nightmare.  The moment I walked into my house it ranked of the odor of urine and feces and moldy food and trash.  My animals were badly nelected of food and water and up keep meaning my cat I have in the house was peeing and pooping all over my house.  Her litter box was completely full and absolutely disgusting.  There was dirty nasty moldy dishes in both sinks and I have a dishwasher that works they could have used.  My trash can was full and overflowing with rotten nasty garbage.

Most of my food was gone and there was alot there before I left.  There were alot of items taken out of my house as well.  Then I get to my 3 yr old son room and notice his piggy banks were moved.  So I go to check them and find all his silver and bills were gone out of 6 of his 8 piggy banks.  The sad thing is that he was saving that money up for something special.  And all that remained in his banks was pennies and a fake diamond earring that Dave usually has in his ear.  I was absolutely sick and disgusted and very heartbroken that some1 that is family and that I love would do such an aweful thing.  It's 1 thing to steal from an adult but, to steal from a 3 year old is truly sick and twisted.  Also we found 2 Mary Jane joints, 1 in our bedroom and 1 in our living room. We don't do drugs.

So to find that in our house really upset us even more.  Then I talked to him on the phone about it and he said it was his pregnant wife stuff not his, to me that is truly sick.  So apparently his wife and him are obviously still doing drugs and alcohol and smoking cigerettes cause all was done in my house while I was gone.  My 4 dogs were very dehydrated and looked very bad and sickly, cause they hadn't had any food or water the last 3 days of our trip maybe longer.  I was truly worried about them for awhile they really looked bad, and they weren't acting like their usual selves.  We also left them the keys to 1 of our vehicles so if they had to go anywhere they would have a way to get around and the vehicle had a full tank of gas plus a 5 gallon jug full of gas.  They drained all that and didn't fill it back up and used the 5 gallons as well without replacing.

He had over $300. dollars in his bank before we left for our trip, cause it was counted.  And now  he is harrassing us and Randys business which is what we survive on is very disrepectful and can no longer be tolerated.  He has put us through enough and I am hurt by all we have done and try to do for him and his wife and this is how we are repaid and treated.  Before I left I personally gave them gifts for their new addition to their family.  and took then to do some errands for them.  I did finally get ahold of him through his grandfather whom is my uncle, and he didn't deny what he had done.  We truly tried to help him and he does all that and if that isn't enough he feels the need to continue harrassing and bashing Randy and his company.

We did absolutely nothing to Dave, if were guilty of anything it was not 1 or twice but 3 times forgiving and having faith there was good in him and that he wouldn't disrespect us as he has.  Randy I feel has gone above and beyond for Dave more then he should have.  Randy has a big heart and is very forgiving and has faith that he believes in 2nd chances and sometimes 3rd chances.  He truly thought alot of Dave and tried to take him under his wing and help him out and be there for him, he really cared about him, plus he's family.  He would have done anything for him.  Even through all Daves times he left and was on the wrong path, Randy would still talk to my uncle to see how he was doing.  I believe he thought of him like a younger brother.  But, the whole point of me writing this is, cause I believe he has truly gone too far in posting such a Big made up Lie!!!

We are a Good Honest Hard Working Family, we did nothing wrong to deserve such negative in our life from Dave.  We only tried to be there for him and help him and his Pregnant wife out in their time of need, and trusted them, that in the end was our only fault.  As far as taking his word I would highy suggest any1 from taking him serious after all the horrible things he is and has done!!!  For Dave to attack us through Randys business it affects are means of survival and I will not stand by and Let him continue trying to destroy us , cause he wants to get back at us for being caught and guilty of such negative he has only brought on hisself.  Dave has taken enough from my family.

If his wife and him are starving all I can offer at this time is Get a job and be a man stop trying to Get something your not owed or haven't earned.  Especially when each time you worked for Randy you were always paid in full and you never complained.  In my working experience if I felt I didn't get the full amount I was owed when I recieved my check I would take it up right then and there with the boss.  Dave never did that he was always okay with what he got.  If this is Daves way of trying to get sympathy or attention too late, cause he won't get it from us.  Were done with doing anything to help Dave at this point!!!  Dave if you feel the need to post anymore negative, my advice is start by being honest.  As far as ripping off clients that is absolutely false.  Randy doesn't charge no more then what the job is.  That is the Gods Honest Truth!!!

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

To David Marts

AUTHOR: Randy - (United States of America)

He is my wife's cousin. Let me tell you about Mr Marts. He was asked to come into our house to watch over our animals as well as take care of the place while we left for a week to ohio. We came home to our animals not being fed for 3 days and this was just the start. We come in our home to a ransacked house we begin looking around notice all our food is gone. Things were missing that shouldnt of been. We walked into our son's Bedroom and found all his piggy banks emptied of cash and change over 300 dollars he stole from our 3 year old son's piggy bank. I left David a check for 100 dollars before i left for taking care of the place as well as the few hours he had helping me at our other house..

He was left with money, food and a a comfortable place to stay. We come home to our house being ransacked by thieves as well as all our food missing which they took 3 days prior to our return and took them to there new house. David also siphoned all the gas out of my truck as well as stole all the loose change in the truck. In reguards to ripping people not likely they pay me for a service. There are contracts involved as well change orders when necessary. There is currently a warrant for David Marts arrest for felony theft. As well as his wife Marsha. So before you pass judgement on what this kid is saying look at His character for a second.

He begged me several times to work him which i repeatidly gave him chance after chance he wouldnt show upfor work or had a excuse why he couldnt get out of bed on time. He stole money from his own cousin my 3 year old son. He stole from my wife which is also his cousin and stole from me the guy who tried to help him with work.. Now he will recieve a 1099 just like my other subs will which i may add is totally legal and within the state and federal guidelines. As for the Other report in 2008 i may add there was a civil case filed against Joel's flooring they were unable to be served on multiple occasions. Anyone who reads this i am more than happy to provide any proof or paperwork to clear myname of these accusations that these two kids have made. I will gladly send them to you and your welcome to call me or email me to see the proof that these accusations are false and unjust.

Thanks

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Tired of it

AUTHOR: Dave - (United States of America)

I just was looking on the internet an found this I know who this guy is an fraud would definetly be the word associated with him. He left Colorado to come to Indiana an start a Business called RanCol i guess to escape all the people he ripped off i worked for this guy for some time an he ripped me off on several occasions. He didnt take taxes out an would pay me a small amount of money each day for the work i did which was 10 times wat he was doin an on some days jip me out of that. Ive seen him rip off more than 1 person in Indiana he would say the job is gonna be so much then turn around and charge the customers alot more almost everytime i worked a job with him. I eventually got tired of seeing people an getting ripped off everyday, he tried to turn the table on me an lie about me because he knew he was ripping me off and then couldn even pay me the money i was owed which was 2 full weeks of work so why i was out off work this fraud still had my money an was avoiding me at all cost why my pregnant wife and i were starving and i was looking for another job. Enough said he should be avoided at all cost because he will lie and scam his way out of anything

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Your welcome to any documentation send a written request

AUTHOR: Randy - (U.S.A.)

I have the punch list your welcome to it, I have the installer's invoice that fixed your work your welcome to it, Your welcome to any and all of the documentation just send over a written request its yours. I Also have a copy of the deduction of monies from the builder from my check for you not finishing your punch as well. I settled for 600 dollars of the 1000 dollars i paid to have your work fixed. What i am seeing here by your false statements is that you and your father were in the wrong you knew you were in the wrong for not fixing your work to save face you figured it would be best to try to make me look bad cause of your poor workmanship before i spread the word around about the unprofessional way you and your father do business. Like i said i wanted to bow out gracefully it is you sir that has not left well enough alone and now there is consequences for your actions. As for me starting my company when i was 15 totally possible matter of fact it was your uncle(uncle-in law) that got me into the trade at 15. Your attack on me and my company by your immature arrogance has done nothing more than land your fathers company as well as you and him as individuals a lawsuit. This will be my final post as well any further communication will be between my attorney and Joel's Flooring Inc. As far as i am concerned you have no proof i deem these false statements a HOAX and request that you post some written proof or remove all these posts and clear my name.

Randy

Something else to think about.

AUTHOR: Fadeproofjack - (U.S.A.)

1. Most jobs are done without paper contracts.

2. Randy is about 30 so 15 years in the business operating as TBR Tile, does not seem likely because 15 years ago he was a sophomore in high school. I found this information on the internet... just google his name.

3. A bill was submitted to Randy and was agreed upon by him and the general contractor. The check had to be written to both parties to avoid Randy putting the check in his account. Randy would not turn over the check because of the so-called punch list corrections. When asked what the corrections were Randy could not provide a list but insisted that we reimburse him. Since Randy could not be reached the general contractor took it upon himself to hire another contractor to correct the punch list.

4. I met Randy the day I started the job with my father. I saw him a total of two times throughout the entire job. This can be verified by other workers on the jobsite.

Let me tell you about me. I am 24. I accompanied my father on a job for the first time at the age of 8. I began working summers at the age of 12. I started full time at the age of 18. I literally grew up in the business... I have said all I can on the subject and will make this my last post.

Joel Jr.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

You have more stories than the highway patrol

AUTHOR: Randy - (U.S.A.)

You requested a contract that's funny why would you even start work if you requested a contract and never received it. I agreed to pay your father what I was being paid offering him a copy of my contract with my builder it is your father who chose to go and produce a fraudulent bill to my builder and extort more money than even TBR Tile was being paid. Then to top it off your father couldn't even finish his warranty work and i pay someone else to do it and you received 600 dollars less than the bill you produced was? Sadly because i was closing my doors after 15 years in the business i didn't nor was i going to fight over a couple of thousand dollars all i wanted was the money back that i had paid someone else to fix your work and to bow out gracefully then all this which is fine kid you wanna talk about a rip off lets talk about Joel's Flooring a company who will do a job and then bill your builder more than your getting paid. At this point I must laugh kid I never even met you till a week after your Father showed up.. yet you act as if you were there for every conversation again your just telling a good story. We do live in a free Country and your 1st amendment can be exercised at any time. You need to read your amendment again cause sadly kid all you have done is costed your father and his company a lot of money now as you have lied, Slandered, Depraved, and caused many of dollars in damage for business lost. Now I will exercise my amendment rights and see you in court.

Randy

These are the facts. (long but informative)

AUTHOR: Fadeproofjack - (U.S.A.)

Hello, This is Joel again. I have read Randy's Rebuttal and would like provide some additional information. I will elaborate on Randy's quotes that I have copied and pasted.

"I must say you were very accurate on the stupidity part. I was defiantly stupid for even offering to help you when you asked me for work."

First of all my fathers name and number was passed along to Randy by another carpet salesman of another shop. Apparently someone else had bailed on him for reasons unknown. WE WERE HELPING HIM! I can prove this because my father is friends with the salesman.

"I also want to see a Written and agreed price to paid for the project that I may add you Extorted money from the builder as well as my company"

Although we requested a contract, we never received one. As for an invoice Randy simply couldn't provide one. We DO have a check for $5900 that we received with my fathers, and Randy's signatures on it. We also have the signed $600 check that we had to give him before he would give would give us the $5900. I can prove this with my fathers bank statement.

"you took it upon yourself to go directly to the builder cause you were in need of money and Gave a fraudulent bill for 2 times what I was paid for the project."

Like I said in my first report Randy was no where to be found when we completed the job. As we waited to be paid, we received calls from other contractors asking if we had heard from Randy. After two weeks unreturned calls and after learning he had closed his doors, we went to the next logical level, the general contractor. Phone records will substantiate this claim. As for the fraudulent bill for 2X the amount, its simply not true.

"You were also given a 2 week deadline to complete the project and it took you over a month to complete."

We started the job around mid-October and it was completed October 31st. Since there was no invoice or contract we never had a clear deadline to meet. Randy proved it himself saying there is documentation on the subject.

My intention wasn't to bad mouth anybody, but rather to inform. Nothing I said in this report constitutes as slander, because everything I said is true and can be proved on way or another. I am exercising my 1st amendment right to freedom of speech and nothing more.

Joel Jr.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Show me the facts

AUTHOR: Randy - (U.S.A.)

I am now reading this after a friend of mine happened to stumble across this, I am gonna ask for a few things from this so called Joel's Son or Joel as they finished with not sure if they know exactly who they are. I want to see a written & signed contract from TBR Tile and Yourself, I also want to see a Written and agreed price to paid for the project that i may add you Extorted money from the builder as well as my company. You can type a pretty good story but sadly I know you have zero documentation to support any and all of your false accusations. I have a contract from the builder that anyone is glad to see of exactly what I was being paid for the Vinyl work you did on the project you took it upon yourself to go directly to the builder cause you were in need of money and Gave a fraudulent bill for 2 times what I was paid for the project. I also have the Invoice from the Installer who went out and repaired your warranty work you couldn't even finish yet you wanted paid all of your money for. You can sit here and try to bad mouth me cause I held you responsible for the warranty work you couldn't even finish? You were also given a 2 week deadline to complete the project and it took you over a month to complete. I must say you were very accurate on the stupidity part. I was defiantly stupid for even offering to help you when you asked me for work. Your Slander and deprivation of my company and my character as well as corporate damages and person a damages will not go without consequence. My Attorney has been given your statement and will proceed with legal action. I think its time a Judge decides the outcome of this.

Thanks