Complaint Review: Rapco Upper Darby Auto Services

• Updated: Thu, June 20, 2013

• Reported By: Enuff — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Rapco Upper Darby Auto Services
5 E. Townshipline Rd. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Steve at Rapco Auto Services Upper Darby We Gotcha On the Lift, Wheels R Off, Gonna Cost Yah, Whatcha Wanna Do? Philadelphia Pennsylvania

Narrowly escaped one scam shop, found, so-called, "honest Rapco". A Steve, at Rapco said, "get it towed here". He insisted I not come with the car. He'd call and  drive to pick me up, later. (Strange!?)  My Ford minivan had suddenly lost decent braking power ... pedal was sinking to floor.

Steve : "Line's all rusted out / leaking. Yah lookin at $1500 to $1600 for total brake job. If you can't spend that at least ,to get brakes back,it's $500. It's a 3 hour job.  The tech has to make the line, bend the STEEL (puff, puff!) into shape. Other cost mounted and mounted.

Steve called again to pressure me. "Car's on the lift, all the wheels are off. Can he get to started? We close at 5:00." I had called a professional mechanic friend in NJ about it...learned the job was under 1 hour, the steel line was so thin it was like "butter to bend", and cost about $7.00. Total estimated cost, $140.

I got another tow from Rapco to another shop: They confirmed my friends information. Total cost, $160, under one hour. I was lucky state Farm gave me two tows in one day. Beware! If Steve, at Upper Darby Rapco, says 'Good Morning', you'd better run outside to make sure there's no thunder storm. Good luck. No more 4 me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rapco-Upper-Darby-Auto-Services/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19082/Steve-at-Rapco-Auto-Services-Upper-Darby-We-Gotcha-On-the-Lift-Wheels-R-Off-Gonna-Cost-1060781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rapco Upper Darby Auto Services