Complaint Review: Rapid Auto Loans

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: Djanni — Port st Lucie Florida United States of America
Rapid Auto Loans
900 E Atlantic Blvd Pompano Beach, Florida United States of America

Rapid Auto Loans Company refuses to satisfy lien after loan is paid off Pompano Beach, Florida

I paid the loan off in cash 15 days ago (12/13/2012) because we need to sell the vehicle and they have still not filed to release the lien.

They said they did but the state verified they did not. I have no idea why they lie so much.

Vince Girardi said there was a problem with the electronic title and needed to order a paper title and that was a lie. Not only didnt they release the lien on my car, but they put a new lien against it AFTER I paid the car off. Then when I saw the electronic title on line with a lien he said I mistook what he said.

He said they entered for the lien release on 12/20, which is 8 days after they sent me a paper lien release. Furthermore, he said he had 30 days to release the lien and was doing me a favor. Today 12/28, I spoke to a supervisor at the Florida DMV who verified they have still not filed to release the lien. She also directed to a couple legal agencies to address the matter.

As of now, I have filed a complaint with the State of Florida Office of Financial Regulation, The Better Business Bureau, FTC and have begun discussions with the Florida Attorney Generals Office, who asked me to try to discuss the problem with the company first which I did with no result.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rapid-Auto-Loans/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33060/Rapid-Auto-Loans-Company-refuses-to-satisfy-lien-after-loan-is-paid-off-Pompano-Beach-Fl-988226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rapid Auto Loans