defined

• Updated: Wed, July 18, 2012

• Reported By: customer — Colorado United States of America
Rapid Pest Control Solutions
Internet, Colorado United States of America

Rapid Pest Control Solutions exterminators ineffective, questionable, vinegar base, no evidence of treatment - bugs still present Internet, Colorado

The complex I live in uses Rapid Pest Control Solutions.  At unit showing I saw a notice of monthly spraying for pests, was informed it was for roaches and would be wrapping up soon.  The buildings, it turns out, have also had a bed bug infestation since at least 2010 (not disclosed at move in).  After moving in and discovering bedbugs also, I was given a prep sheet for Rapid Pest's visits.  Their monthly roach treatments ended about 2 months ago; however I still see roaches, and their 3 week long bedbug treatments ended 2 weeks ago; however as of this past Sunday I've suddenly been waking up with even more bites all over my neck and arms than before they sprayed.

I've never had roaches or bedbugs before living at this complex, and have been informed that Rapid Pest uses some sort of vinegar based spray for the roaches, which I've researched and found listed as more of a home remedy to repel roaches and not a professional treatment to kill and eliminate them. [continued below]....
.....  Since the roaches only seem to go away for a week or two after spraying, I wonder why I spent so many months having to empty out all my kitchen and bathroom cabinets, cluttering the rest of my living space, for this......fewer roaches for a week or so in between.   I've never heard what chemicals they use for bedbugs, but they treat the single unit reporting an issue only, with some sort of spray/powder, and for three weeks.  My own research, both online and calling other exterminators as well as speaking with pharmacists since I had the bites, is that unless the entire building is treated at the same time, they only move out briefly - and that the best way to treat is with heat, not sprays and powders.  I had to pull all my furniture and items out, empty my closet - everything bagged up and living in the center of my living area for 3 weeks straight.  I threw away most everything fabric, and laundered everything else, and had to plan to be out of the unit for the days scheduled for treatment.......and for all of this, two weeks after they say they did their last treatment, I have a back and arms covered in bites for it all.  I don't know what they do or use, but they don't fix the problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 09:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rapid-Pest-Control-Solutions/Internet-Colorado-/Rapid-Pest-Control-Solutions-exterminators-ineffective-questionable-vinegar-base-no-evi-914178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rapid Pest Control Solutions