Complaint Review: Rapid Tax 1

Rapid Tax 1
110 Beverly Blvd. Brandon, Florida USA

RapidTax 1 Scam Brandon Florida

*General Comment: Turbo Tax for you would be a better choice

EDitor’s NOTE: This company has nothing to do with the Rapid Tax business in New York.

Beware of this place and their abusive malpractice, they are very deceiving. I asked how much was their tax preparation fees and the woman at the desk answer was “starting at $75.00 but you don't have to pay, we will deduct it from your refund” so I left my documents. Next day she handed me the papers and told me that my refund was $900 after their tax preparation fees. Let it be know she doesn't mentioned the amount she is charging for her services at all. While I was looking threw my documents I noticed a +$500 differences from the amount she told me. [continued below]....

..... Also found an authorization to withdraw her service fees from my refunds. She didn't walk me through the papers, she just handed the papers already high lighted to sign. I asked why was she charging $500 and her answer was that she always charged that amount. I told her that wasn't the price she told me the day before, her answer “that I made too much last year”. I explain to her that it wasn't the first time that I made that amount and I have never been charge that ridiculous amount of money to get my taxes done, not to mentioned I am filing with only one dependent, no mortgage, no medical bills or business.  At this point I'm ready to leave the place since I don't agree with the price when she said she already e-file my taxes. She submits my taxes without any consent, authorization no even a signature. At this point she is trying to bargain price, I decline. I do not want anything to do with her, her office or their franchise. She even offer me to get me an additional $500 on my refund. Seriously? Why couldn't she get it before? Bottom line stay away from this office. Worth to mention that the “preparer's name” shown in the papers is Denise Arias, don't know how accurate is since the whole place and situation was very shady.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rapid-Tax-1/Brandon-Florida-33511/RapidTax-1-Scam-Brandon-Florida-1121043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rapid Tax 1

#1 General Comment

Turbo Tax for you would be a better choice

AUTHOR: IamGood - ()

This company sounds like they may have inflated their refund so they could take 500.00 out of your refund.  then when the IRS comes after you they will  leave you holding the bag.

You indicated you did not sign the papers, but I hope you got your w2's and other tax information back from her.

The one thing you need to be afraid of is if she filed electronically, she may have already filed, and you will have problems then getting the IRS to back out this transaction, so  you can do another one.

Step 1.  Contact the IRS to make sure she did not already file those taxes.  I have a feelng they are prob not done properly. Do this todan, and hurry.

Step 2.  If she has already filed, you need to let the IRS know what happened, give them names, and dates, and perhaps file an amended tax return.

Step 3.  If she has not filed yet, you are ok,

Step 4.  If you need to file an amended tax return, go purchase Turbo Tax Personal.  With only 1 dependent, 0 mortgage, do you have deductions like medical expenses?  Turbo Tax will be good enough for you, and you can get it for 35.00.

thanks