Complaint Review: Rapid inc

• Updated: Fri, August 01, 2014

• Reported By: Mike — rocky point New York
Rapid inc
669 rt25a rocky point, New York USA

Rapid inc Charged more than the posted shop rate to evaluate my car. rocky point New York

I had my Audi dropped off at Rapid to get looked at. The car has an intermittent missfire and I was out of ideas. I left a note with the car explaining what was done in the past and what I'd like addressed. The owner called the next day and told me there was more than 1 thing wrong with the car. He said he put an hour and a half into checking it and it was time to call me.

He told me that if i had an american car it would be easy to fix but since its an Audi it will cost $$. He gave me 2 quotes for exhaust system work. I thought about and he checked out pix of the used parts. I called the next day and told him I didn't want to go with a used system and that I'd have the car picked up.

He charged $150 to look at the car and diagnose it. The bill was paid but no receipt. Reception said they would mail it out with what was wrong with the car.

I came in the next day and asked for the write up for the car. [continued below]....

..... I had paid $150 plus tax and had no paperwork to go with it. He didn't document the engine codes until i showed up and he didn't write up the estimates for the exhaust system.

He charged me an 1.5 hours labor to look at my car and gave me nothing. He charged me $150 for 1.5 hours of labor even though he has a posted labor rate of $90. When I asked him why I was getting charged more, he said he knew I was going to be a pain in the a**. Then he banned me from the shop.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2014 08:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rapid-inc/rocky-point-New-York-11778/Rapid-inc-Charged-more-than-the-posted-shop-rate-to-evaluate-my-car-rocky-point-New-York-1166815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rapid inc