Complaint Review: Rapido Marine

• Updated: Mon, November 12, 2012

• Reported By: jess21 — Nationwide Australia
Rapido Marine
5633 sw 25 st. Hollywood, Florida 33023 , Florida United States of America

Rapido Marine CHARGED US FOR A 4.3L 98 - 05 Vortec Motor & Sent to Australia a PRE 98 Motor thats not a VORTEC florida, Florida

*Author of original report: ISSUE RECTIFIED

I recently in March had numerous conversations with Raul from Rapido Marine - About purchasing a 4.3L Vortec Mercruiser Motor for my boat from his company. He was very obliging and told me he had the motor and it would cost me $1650 plus shipping cost of $219 to Australia and $100 for him to do the paper work. After I wired the money from Australia I heard nothing in over a week, no replies to my emails etc. I contacted Raul and had a 3 way conversation with him and Robin. Robin was in the middle of stating to Raul hat she had not shipped the correct motor earlier because they had none of the 98 vortec motors in stock, Raul cut her off from discussing this very quickly and then shipped this old  motor only a couple of days later.

After approximately 5 weeks our motor arrived in Sydney I paid $1000 to get the motor and when my mechanic was trying to install the motor nothing fitted. He then told me it DEFINITELY was not the motor for our boat and we had been ripped off and looking at www.rapidomarine.com website the motor is completely different and a very different price to what was sent. I have emailed Raul numerous times with no reply except once was how can we help and absolutely nothing since, I have called him from Australia approximately 6 times and left messages and still nothing. I email him regularly with the problem and nothing

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2012 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rapido-Marine/-Florida-33023/Rapido-Marine-CHARGED-US-FOR-A-43L-98-05-Vortec-Motor-Sent-to-Australia-a-PRE-98-Mo-912943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rapido Marine

ISSUE RECTIFIED

AUTHOR: jess21 - (Australia)

Since our initial report rapido have made every attempt to rectify the situation. They appeared to have hired a dedicated customer service person and since then we have had regular contact, Rapido Marine has been very helpful in rectifying this situation, and have fixed this error. As it turns out, although everything checked out as OK in their order systems, through pictures and other means we were able to confirm a mixed up of orders occurred where our engine was accidentally delivered to another customer and we received that customer's engine.  The engine itself was very well packaged and is of high quality and polished like new, however it was a slightly different model which caused us the difficulties we previously expressed.  My recommendation -- make sure you use the online form and then follow up with phone to confirm the order.

Mistakes do happen but it is a pleasure dealing with a company prepared to set things right and this has been done. We recommend Rapido Marine and, despite the initial frustration, will in all honestly do future business with them if need be.