Complaint Review: Raquel Nevins

• Updated: Sat, November 03, 2012

• Reported By: P — Almonte Ontario United States of America
Raquel Nevins
127 Beull st Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Raquel Nevins David Nevins Beware Cleaners of non payment for services rendered Ottawa, Ontario Canada

*Author of original report: Partial payment received

In September received a call from Raquel who answered an add I had placed. She requested for me to do detailed cleaning on October 11th while they were on vacation. Told me she loved to clean but wanted to have a though detailed cleaning to do the things she doesn't have time to do. Described the areas to be done and asked how long. Told her if never had a cleaner before it would take longer then normal to be done. Something. I could only guess with description she gave which was at least four, five hours. She said fine and she would leave a blank cheque with her Mother in Law and she would fill in amount when I was done. Arrived there at 10am on October 11 th met with mother in law who at that time took the two dogs to her house.

I was taken back with the amount of work required nothing like the description she gave. Loaded with cobwebs, dog hair and urine stuck to floor and all the bottom of furniture, items thick with dust , ceiling with cobwebs that were hitting me in the face, baseboards that looked like then hadn't been clean in a decade plus more. The basement took almost fours hours alone to do, then had to do main floor. All together it took me 7 hours to clean this was non stop work. I didn't just clean around items but removed cleaned and put back. Mother in law came back before I was done and told me it looked amazing. When finished I asked for the cheque and she said what cheque?i told her what Raquel had said so she looked for it. She told me they were on a cruise and could not be reached until Friday I left expecting to get a call Friday. No call, so Saturday I called the number Raquel gave me thinking was home number.

Reached her cell and felt bad calling her when she was on vacation. She said that her husband didn't want to leave s filled out signed cheque with his mom so he ripped it up but she would call Sunday and she gave me her correct email address. Sunday no call emailed her Monday and she said she needed a number to ask me a drew things. Waited for her call all week and then emailed her again Friday saying she had all week and to please call she owed me $175.00 for 7 hours of work. That is when she said I will give u $100 not impressed with work i was shocked in all years I have never had anyone say that my work was not impressing in fact just the opposite. I have no idea what she came home to but I do know the job I did. Her Mother in law and dogs were there after I cleaned they were staying until they got home so maybe the main floor was not what she expected or she just used that to her advantage. To date I have had no more emails,calls or money So Cleaners Beware get money first. I will update if and when I get my money

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2012 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Raquel-Nevins/Ottawa-Ontario-/Raquel-Nevins-David-Nevins-Beware-Cleaners-of-non-payment-for-services-rendered-Ottawa-O-957686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Raquel Nevins

Partial payment received

AUTHOR: P - (United States of America)

November 3,2012
After many not so nice emails I received 100.00 not the $175.00 which they owed
This is all I'm to receive so still out $75.00 be careful doing work for the Nevins