Complaint Review: Rasmussen - Tampa

• Updated: Wed, December 19, 2012

• Reported By: Sarah — Spring Hill Florida United States of America
Rasmussen - Tampa
Tampa, Florida United States of America

Rasmussen - Tampa financial aid, ripoff, money, rasmussen, tampa/brandon, tampa Tampa, Florida

I wrote a few months ago regarding my troubles with Rasmussen Tampa/Brandon campus. I ended up transferring schools and things went great. I made the switch after the Tampa/Brandon campus told me that I wouldn't graduate until March 2013 and extended my graduation date without my permission. I asked them if they could give me more than 3 classes since I was taking them online and they told me "No, it is not possible." I transferred to the New Port Richey campus because I knew for a fact that it was possible. When I switched I was able to take more classes and I just finished my final semester! Now, the kicker comes in.

I received my exit packet and saw that I had a balance of $906.00 and had no clue why since I was within the maximum loans that were allowed for the Bachelor degree program. I called my financial aid adviser and she told me that it rolled over from the Tampa/Brandon campus. I asked why since I had enough funds to take out a loan to cover any leftover funds. She said it was due to the fact that I ran out of  pell grant funds and the advisers at the Tampa/Brandon campus did not know this and did not take out a larger loan to cover this. I asked if I could take out the excess funds and she said no because I am finished my schooling. Now, I am unable to obtain my diploma and I am unemployed with no income. How can a school be so neglectful and not attentive to detail of their students?

I HIGHLY warn those whom are thinking about attending the Tampa/Brandon Rasmussen College and thinking about applying for Financial Aid through them. They obviously do not know how to handle their papers and do their jobs. I had nothing but problems with that campus and they only know how to lie and lead you on. Thanks for ripping me off and having me to pay for your mistake!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2012 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rasmussen-Tampa/Tampa-Florida-/Rasmussen-Tampa-financial-aid-ripoff-money-rasmussen-tampabrandon-tampa-Tampa-Fl-984479. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rasmussen - Tampa