Complaint Review: Ratchet Infotech Ltd

• Reported By: Hal — Forest Virginia
Ratchet Infotech Ltd
Internet USA

Ratchet Infotech Ltd Purported to fix my printer's scan capability Internet

On or about July 1, 2014, I engaged Ratchet Infotech Ltd (RIL) support to fix my printer (HP) scan function. RIL stated there was a hardware problem with the printer but they could fix using a software patch. Software fix was implemented, which was to be a permanent fix, by RIL and a $99.99 US payment was made.

I subsequently called RIL on July 18, 2014 and requested the steps to perform scanning on the printer. RIL told me they would not help unless I paid another $99.99 US (one time) or $150.00 US (1 year). I stated I only want the steps to scan a document, which they provided initially. Steps developed on or about July 1, 2014. RIL refused to help unless additional payment was forthcoming. The initial validity date was 08-07-2014, which I read as August 7, 2014. RIL reads as July 8, 2014.

RIL stated that the initial fix was a one time deal only. I was and am with the thought that this was to be a permanent fix. RIL stated this is a one time fix only. I believe $99.99 US is an extremely high amount for a one time fix. I was and still am under the impression this was to be a permanent fix to my printer problem. My position at the time of the transaction was communicated to RIL. RIL however does not share this view.

I am extremely disappointed in RIL support (lack of) and their inflexibility to assist me without additional compensation. I expect to pay some compensation for their work but not the full amount of $99.99 US and am willing to negotiate a fair settlement.

RIL provided untruths and was less than forthcoming in our discussions to fix my printer's scanning function. I, in good faith, provided RIL with payment. RIL has not lived up to their responsiblities.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2014 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ratchet-Infotech-Ltd/internet/Ratchet-Infotech-Ltd-Purported-to-fix-my-printers-scan-capability-Internet-1164020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ratchet Infotech Ltd