Complaint Review: Ratchet Infotech Pvt. Ltd.

• Submitted: Thu, April 10, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, April 10, 2014

• Reported By: Bonnie — The Villages Florida
Ratchet Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
Internet USA

Ratchet Infotech Pvt. Ltd. What I thought was free service to solve printer problem, cost $199.99 for a warranty on an anti virus installation. Internet

My printer was not printing black.  After many searches on the internet I was in contact with a company to service my printer (I thought).  I was connected with India.

Amit (the tech) told me that the computer was filled with "drivers not working" and "drivers for lots of things have gone bad".  Amit was "cleaning them up".  Meanwhile he told me several times that there was a special warranty for seniors that only cost $199.99 for a year for life time service.

I told him that I didn't want a warranty.  He insisted that I must have it.  I got no answer from him when I asked if there was a charge for his service.

After at least five hours of his "cleaning up the computer drivers" and determing that the printer couldn't be fixed by them but needed a new part, Amit put his manager on the phone who prepared the warranty.  I told the manager, who sounded much like an American, that I didn't want a warranty.  I was so frustrated after the five hours of warranty talk and "cleaning up the drivers" that I gave in to the managaer with the intention of canceling as soon as I got off the phone.

When I called to cancel the warranty shortly after the warranty was in place, I was connected immediately with an angry Amit who rambled, ranted and raged that he had "cleaned up the computer" and I needed the warranty.  I knew for sure that I had been had!  There was no warranty.  There was $199.99 out of my bank account.

Two days after the encounter with Ratchet Infotech, I called them to help me install a new printer.  I figured I just paid $199.99 for a yearly warranty I was going to get what I could out of them before I found a way to get out of the warranty for the rest of my life.

During the five plus hours on the phone with the tech, I was afraid of what they could do to the computer if I hung up on them.  I stupidly thought that I was on a free service for HP printers when I started, but as the tech kept "cleaning up the computer" and talking about the $199.99 yearly lifetime warranty I knew something was amiss.

When I asked Amit how many people were working in the facility he was in (I could hear the workers in the background), he told me that his company had over 2,000 workers and they were the biggest trouble shooters in the world.  When I recently found a website about Ratchet Infotech, it said there are 25 workers and the site is in Chandigarh, India.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2014 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ratchet-Infotech-Pvt-Ltd/internet/Ratchet-Infotech-Pvt-Ltd-What-I-thought-was-free-service-to-solve-printer-problem-cost-1137891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ratchet Infotech Pvt. Ltd.