Complaint Review: Raven Media ,Grantmaster Program

• Submitted: Wed, November 26, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 26, 2008

• Reported By:Buffalo New York
Raven Media ,Grantmaster Program
305 Broadway Avenue #114 New York, New York U.S.A.

Raven Media ,Grantmaster Program ACH Ripoff!! New York New York

My husband made the mistake of readin this ad and wanting to take advatage of the offer. He then gave his card number (hooked to our joint chekcing account) thinking he was going to be charged 2.29. Well we were and recieved the CD which was useless and a waste of money.

Then I checked our account one day and the balance didn't add up and I asked the clerk about debits to the account and she told me there was one for $39.95 "Grantmaster programs" . I asked my husband and he emailed me the confirmation of the 2.29. UNFORTUNATELY he did not read the small print throughly and signed up for a membership at a cost of $39.95 per month!

I contacted the compnay on November 18th and demanded tha they close the accoutn and cease debiting the account any further. They assured me they would and even gave me a "confirmation number to that effect" Well imagine my surprise to find out today that they had debited my account on 11/18/2008 for the 39.95. Granted it was a day after I called but still. So I called them again this morning and wanted their mailing address because I told them I was going to file a complaint with the NYS Attorney Generals Office to cease all further charges. They offered me a refund (payable in 3-5 business days depending on how my bank processes ACH's).

I guess I am writing this to tell you all not to give up!. Take a stand and make them give you back your money. There are avenues out there to help. If they wouldn't have offered to refund my money, I would have closed my account so that they could not debit it anymore. I will give them the 3-5 days to credit my account and if it is not done, I may still do that. Every state has an Attorney General that has a consumer frauds division. utilize that if you can.

Bravetart
Buffalo, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2008 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Raven-Media-Grantmaster-Program/New-York-New-York-10013/Raven-Media-Grantmaster-Program-ACH-Ripoff-New-York-New-York-395290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Raven Media ,Grantmaster Program