Complaint Review: Raven Media

• Submitted: Tue, September 09, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 09, 2008

• Reported By:Frederick Maryland
Raven Media
Raven Media - Grant Search Assisstant, Express Business Funding CD, 2620 - S Maryland Parkway, No. 859 - A Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Raven Media Complete Rip Off - Charged me for Two months without Informing and are now Refusing to Refund Las Vegas Nevada

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution Offer

You can see the details at the end of the page as per which I had signed up for some CD for $2.29. I was told that I will pay absolutely nothing and I have been charged for the past 2 months. He has promised to refund only for one month that he charged. I blocked my credit card in the second week of August and he had charged me twice by then - he had already charged me four times in July. So he has to pay me back the entire amount. I demand an immediate refund. Take a look at the particulars below.

What we did was we ordered this thing for $2.29 (which we dont mind paying because that was our mistake in the first place), and he never mentioned anything about charging and all. These are the details of how this Ryan Riddle has charged us:

16th July: Rs. 1788.27 (Dr to GRANTACADEMY028100127163) Ref No.: Z048GHA26017IT3Q2R
23rd July: Rs. 352.15 (Dr to GRANTSEARCH - 8004790979) Ref No.: Z048GNM2542JTW0DAT
30th July: Rs. 443.32 (Dr to NW-AG.COM 800-418-9320 NW) Ref No.: Z048GVA4742YUD02IU
18th August: Rs. 1813.18 (Dr to GMP 800 710 2564 02810012) Ref No.: Z048HJ914352F22WYL
22nd August: Rs. 362.06 (Dr to GRANTSEARCH8004790979) Ref No.: Z048HMM2505A880C3G

These have been charged in Rupees so they will have to calculate the dollar value and pay us back. Ryan Riddle started out by telling us that we had signed up for everything and agreed for everything. He keeps saying that I agreed to the terms and conditions. How can a genuine business person put such an important detail only in the fine print and then not even inform me (leave alone ask me first) before charging my card - its unfair. Heres the thing - We never agreed for anything, and if they do not refund the money asap, we threatened to go to the following:
- Federal Trade Commission
- Better Business Bureau Online
- Internet Crime Compliant Center
- National Fraud Information Center
- Rip Off Report Corporate Advocacy - Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program
- Consumer Sentinel
- E Consumer.gov
- State Attorney General

This Ryan Riddle says that I activated some free trial account and the free trial finished and stuff - well, I told him that he can very well deactivate that account because I never went there after the so called free activation. Also, the CD he was supposed to send me for $2.29 has never reached me.

Please trace this company and person immediately and ask this fraud to refund our money to our account ASAP and stop charging us!! Our order number is xx75. They are simply refusing to refund the amounts they have charged in July - why should I pay when I never ever used their services (ask them to check their logs - after activation, I never logged into that silly account and I never recieved this so called CD - so what are the charges for?)

Name: Devangini

Devangini
Frederick, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2008 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Raven-Media/Las-Vegas-Nevada-85109/Raven-Media-Complete-Rip-Off-Charged-me-for-Two-months-without-Informing-and-are-now-Ref-371394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Raven Media

Resolution Offer

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated several times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation/thank you page, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the services and see the value of them for themselves before they are billed for them. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. The following is the first paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer (the Terms and Conditions link is found on EVERY page of the sales ad):

Bonus Material Terms and Termination.
By purchasing this product, you agree to adhere to the termination agreement as outlined on the order page, confirmation of order page, and confirmation email, which is that you, the buyer, are not entitled to a refund of the upfront cost of any shipping and handling that may or may not have been charged to you for delivery of said product. Furthermore, any free trials that may or may not be offered with this product are only free during the said allotted time of the free trial period as outlined within the product sales page, confirmation of order page, and confirmation email. If you have not cancelled the free bonus within the free trial period (if offered on product purchasing), you are agreeing to purchase the bonus material and/or service at a monthly reoccurring cost. This can be cancelled at anytime simply by calling the customer service number provided in the confirmation email and stating your desire to cancel said bonus material. However, in order to not be charged any future reoccurring cost, please give ample time (2 business days) to be cancelled out of any reoccurring billing system before the next scheduled charge to your account (this does not apply during any trial period). Not cancelling trial programs constitutes authorization, by you, the buyer, for any charges (as outlined) for the associated bonus service until your request to cancel has been received by our customer service staff. By not cancelling the bonus program during the trial period or prior to two days before a scheduled billing cycle, you agree that any reoccurring charges billed to you will be non-refundable.

As you can see the Terms direct the customer to the sales page, confirmation of order page and the confirmation email. The following disclosure is directly from the sales page - it is located directly above or below the submit button depending on which sales site you are ordering from:

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD and trial membership for $1.29 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding and Network Agenda for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy & Terms & Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "GRANTSEARCHASST". For questions, call 866-396-5694.

For customer service you may call 866-396-5694 Monday-Friday 9am-9pm Eastern Standard Time and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let's face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.29 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource center. This is our member's website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. John Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly newsletter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource Center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource Center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ where you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of them for themselves, before they are billed for them.

If you are another customer reading this and you need assistance you may contact our customer service department at (866) 396-5694 Monday-Friday 9am to 9pm Eastern Standard Time and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call me directly at 435-773-1795.

Sincerely,