Complaint Review: Raven Media

• Submitted: Fri, December 28, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, December 28, 2007

• Reported By:Fletcher North Carolina
Raven Media
2620S. Maryland Parkway #969 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Raven Media Aka Growing Rich With Google, Network Agenda, BSM/Grand Search Asst Offered a CD "Growing Rich with Google" for $1.95 S&H Zapped for 3 monthly charges Las Vegas Nevada

I received an email offering me a CD entitled "Growing Rich with Google". It appeared to be an offer from Google. I read the Terms and Conditions and saw no mention of any additional charges. I was charged the $1.95 and received the CD.
Then I started seeing other unknown charges. $39.95 from "Growing Rich with Google" At first I thought I had misunderstood and that the CD was actually $39.95. So I let it slide.
Then a charge of $9.95 for Network Agenda was charged to my account. Then a charge of $7.95 for BSM/Grant Search Asst was charged.
Not knowing what these were, I called the phone numbers. The number for Network Agenda didn't work. I did speak with several people at the BSM/Grant Search phone number. They explained that there was a Terms and Conditions section in the confirmation email they had sent me. There was not.
They explained (numerous times) "how it worked". I explained to them I had read the Terms and Conditions (and always do whenever I am giving out bill to information) and that no mention of all these charges were mentioned.
Incidentally, all of these charges are MONTHLY charges.
As a resolution, I was given credit for $7.95, $9.95 and (1) $39.95. I was "conveniently" charged a second $39.95 while I was on the phone with these people. I even spoke with a supervisor, supposedly.
I was outraged. I thought this was still Google I was dealing with. And I've alway liked Google and have done some advertising with Google.
But I see from other reports that this company is using deception. I hope they can be stopped. And it would be great if I could get the 2nd $39.95 back, too.

Jane
Fletcher, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2007 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Raven-Media/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89109/Raven-Media-Aka-Growing-Rich-With-Google-Network-Agenda-BSMGrand-Search-Asst-Offered-a-295265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Raven Media