Complaint Review: Rawhide Transport

• Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: aaapa — Napa California United States of America
Rawhide Transport
150 Knob Hill Lane Double Oak, Texas United States of America

Rawhide Transport Joe Goodrich, Sandra Goodrich SCAM, seriously injured my horses, another was euthanized on the trailer Double Oak, Texas

*Consumer Comment: False Events?? You had DEAD HORSES on your truck!

*Author of original report: Rawhide Transport, Joe Goodrich injured my mare while haulig her

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Stallion

Joe Goodrich hauled my mare last week from CA to NC. I was told it would be a 4 day trip....she was picked up on Monday 11/19 and did not arrive until Thurs 11/29. A good portion of this time Joe would not communicate and we had no idea where my mare was. When she finally did arrive on Thursday she was in very dire condition. A vet spent a couple of hours with her and then she was taken to and admitted into Large Animal Vet clinic where she still remains. According to the driver who delivered her, she was put in between two stallions who were not tied or broke free and got in a viscious fight with her in the middle. Sadly one of those stallions had to be euthanized. I do not know the condition of the other stallion. My mare had a swollen head and concussion, swollen/punctured knee, bleeding ulcers, fever and nasal discharge, bites and cuts all over her back and sides along with cuts all over her legs. The drivers admitted that they were not familiar with handling horses, that my mare had been denied food and water

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rawhide-Transport/Double-Oak-Texas-75077/Rawhide-Transport-Joe-Goodrich-Sandra-Goodrich-SCAM-seriously-injured-my-horses-another-977374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rawhide Transport

False Events?? You had DEAD HORSES on your truck!

AUTHOR: SandeeAndrews - (United States of America)

a horse DIED on your truck after SEVERAL fights between two stallions over a mare took place. How is that false reporting???

Rawhide Transport, Joe Goodrich injured my mare while haulig her

AUTHOR: aaapa - (United States of America)

Rawhide/Joe Goodrich has not contacted us at all, let alone asked to see vet reports. The horse was treated by a vet the day she arrived and then taken to a vet clinic the next morning where she spent 4 days. She was treated for: knee injury, head injury, NUMEROUS bites and kicks with swelling on her back and sides, cuts on her legs, ulcers, dehydration, fever and heavy nasal discharge. I made Goodrich aware of this and he has expressed no concern nor has he followed up at all. I have pictures of this mare before she was released into the hands of Joe Goodrich and pictures taken just after she was taken off his trailer (after being gone for 10 days instead of 4 as we were told), along with all of the vet reports and bills.

This company handled my horse recklessly and negligently. One of the drivers admitted to having NO knowledge about horses and no experience handling them. A horse that was being hauled with my horse had to be euthanized on the trailer due to this negligence. I am lucky my mare made it alive even though she was sick and injured.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Stallion

AUTHOR: Rawhide - (United States of America)

The events in this report are False. We have asked to see any evidence from their vet and received nothing.  The horse was inspected at drop off and the only comment was that she had lost some weight.  Then we were informed that she had ulsers.  We monitor the food and water. and there was only one bite mark, and that was pointed  out by our driver.