• Report: #831914

• Updated: Tue, January 31, 2012

• Reported By: Jasmine — Canterbury Nationwide New Zealand
Ray Ban Sun Store
1116 John Street Seattle, WA 98109 Internet United States of America

Ray Ban Sun Store This site claims to sell cheap, genuine Rayban sunglasses, but sell cheap Chinese fakes. Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: I have been happy with these knock offs

raybansunstore.com is a very clean, simple & well made looking website. They display almost all models of Ray Bans at a fairly low cost to what usual ray bans cost.
I purchased a pair of black & gold club master genuine raybans, from their website early January 2012, for a price of $79.90 USD ($102 NZD I paid all up) what are usually retailed at $145 USD. They also gave me free shipping, that is displayed on the site. The few questions I e-mailed them where not answered apart from one, about using a master card & the reply was blunt & unhelpful.

As my 'Ray Bans' arrived around 20 days later, I was unhappy to see a scummy looking, taped up box with a Ray Ban box inside. The package had an address that led to China, not Hong Kong or the US as the website states it is based.
Inside the cheap looking Ray Ban box was a synthetic Ray Ban leather case, with a pair of small, black & silver plastic sunglasses. [continued below]....
..... The shape, colour and make was all incorrect to what I had ordered. The shape was totally wrong to the real Club master makes from Ray Ban, also the colour I ordered was black & gold, not black & silver like I received. The glasses had a Chinese square sticker that said Ray Ban, not the gold sticker genuine ray bans come with & also not what raybansunstore.com have displayed on their website. What is worse I can not read the declaration sticker as it is only partly filled out, scribbled on & all in Chinese.

I have sent many e-mails with no reply for weeks. I am not so much angry my money has gone to waste, but angry they didn't even bother to do a good job of the fakes.

Don't be tricked into this simple & well done website, as it is a fake rip off. I have not heard back since & am not counting on getting my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2012 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ray-Ban-Sun-Store/internet/Ray-Ban-Sun-Store-This-site-claims-to-sell-cheap-genuine-Rayban-sunglasses-but-sell-che-831914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ray Ban Sun Store

I have been happy with these knock offs

AUTHOR: NYCBugkiller - ()

I have bought many pair of sunglasses from this site and I have been very happy with them. I have like 5 pair. The polarized are actually polarized. I definitely have to say that I beg to differ and feel that this is one of the better knock off sites. Did you seriously expect to get the real thing for that cheap? Want to buy a bridge?