Complaint Review: Ray Blanchard, PhD

• Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: John the Baptist — Myrtle Beach South Carolina USA
Ray Blanchard, PhD
www.rayblanchard.com Internet, North Carolina United States of America

Ray Blanchard, PhD Blanchard Consulting Group The Legacy Center ,Morrisville, North Carolina, New Age, Secularist, Situational Morality, Liar, Cult, promotes Situational Morality, worthless and dangerous teachings, Con Artist, creep Internet, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: My own experience with Dr. Ray Blanchard

*Consumer Comment: Ray Blanchard teaches perspective

A few years ago, I was pressured into attending The Legacy Center in Morrisville, North Carolina. Their first course was called the Basic and our trainer was named Ray Blanchard who happened to have a PhD.

This place was supposed to be some type of educational center that helps people overcome their past and achieve their dreams. It was only later that I found out that it was a money grubbing cult espousing worthless and scary new age philosophies.

Ray Blanchard was charmining and extremely well dressed. Something seemed odd about his teachings at the time but I couldn't put my finger on it until later.

There was the usual mind control and sleep deprivation as well as dancing and new age music. However, I'm going to focus on only two things that seemed very strange.

First, Dr Blanchard related a story about a man in New York City whose job was that of a professional street beggar who made over $100,000 per year. He asked us what we thought of this from a moral point of view. Many of us thought that this was wrong because this man was deceitful as well as a liar and a thief.

Ray told us that we were wrong and that it was just fine for this man to do this and that morality depended on the situation and the person's point of view. What I realized later is that DR Blanchard was preaching SITUATIONAL MORALITY. This is a New Age Secularist philosophy that is in total opposition to the Bible and the Ten Commandments!

Have you ever heard of "Thou shalt not lie" and "Thou shalt not steal"? His teachings are in direct opposition to Christianity. And total BULLS**T.

Later in the trainings were were directed to play something called "The Red Black Game". I'm not going to bore you with details so here is a very short summary.  We were divided into two seperate teams in two seperate rooms and told that our goal was to get the most points.

The final result was a score something like -6 to -16 or something like that. Little did we know there would be hell to pay.

By this time it was after 1 AM and we were told to file back into the main auditorium in silence. The trainer had a look that would kill. When we got to our seats we were ordered to close our eyes and the trainer screamed at us for over 30 minutes straight. We were told that what we did in the game amounted to war and the way we played that game was the way we lived our lives. That screaming lecture accused us of just about every negative behavior imaginable. We were told that crime in the streets, racism, and other personal and social problems were because of people like us. You would have thought we were the leaders of Russia and America who just fired off an all-out nuclear exchange at each other and were now being called to account for it in hell. Those of us who knew how the game was supposed to be played and voted black were especially berated because we didn't "take a stand" for the win-win situation.

After a night of sleep deprivation and now another late night plus all the psychological opening exercises, this screaming lecture over a PA system sends thunderbolts through your consciousness. I felt like with every sentence that a powerful jolt of electricity was sent through my nervous system.

I found out later that this was all bullshit and more about controlling us than anything else. Outside of our view and hearing, Ray Blanchard and Rob Katz were laughing their a**es off! Many people freaked out and were extreamly upset, to say the least.

These trainings and Dr Blanchard resulting in me having a major psychiatric meltdown. These people only care about picking your pocket and taking your hard earned money. They run a very dangerous cult and have no psychiatric training. Hundreds of people have been seriously damaged as a result. Additionally, their teachings are ANTI CHRISTIAN as well as either extremely damaging or worthless (if you are lucky).

Those teachings are SECULAR and NEW AGE. This place is a cult designed to steal your money.

Dr Ray Blanchard is a con artist and a dangerous fraud as well as a liar and a cheat!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2009 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ray-Blanchard-PhD/Internet-North-Carolina-27560/Ray-Blanchard-PhD-Blanchard-Consulting-Group-The-Legacy-Center-Morrisville-North-Caroli-501851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ray Blanchard, PhD

My own experience with Dr. Ray Blanchard

AUTHOR: stx823 - (United States of America)

I have taken the training with Dr. Ray Blanchard as well.  Seeing as the original report claimed that this goes against Christianity, I'd like to say that I am a Christian woman and the trainings with Dr. Ray Blanchard have actually deepened my faith in Jesus Christ.  I know this to be true (because we discussed it) of some other Christians who have taken the training.  This truly is not some scary cult.  My own family has been very impressed by the positive changes they have witnessed in me.  Basically, I now live my life in a much more effective manner while practicing the principles of love of myself and my neighbor (a Christ teaching), forgiveness (a Christ teaching), faith in God (Christ), Gratitude (Christ) and Generosity (also Christ).  There were one or two people in the course I took who expressed great anger at Dr. Blanchard and expressed similar sentiments to the ones in this report.  I believe there always will be.  Never did anyone say they experienced psychiatric meltdown.  My experience though (based on conversations with people in the course) were that they left there feeling as I did.  Personally, I do not see how letting go of limiting beliefs and painful baggage, replacing it with joy and the most central components of Christ's teachings (without needing to mention religion) is a rip off or has somehow turned me into a member of a scary cult.  I can assure you that this is neither a rip off nor a cult.  Quite simply, change and openness to fresh perspectives are frightening to some people.  Dr. Blanchard's course simply opens up your awareness to new possibilities.

Ray Blanchard teaches perspective

AUTHOR: Polosport02 - (United States of America)

I also took a basic training with Dr. Ray Blanchard 23 years ago and am re-taking one now. Hundreds of thousands of people have taken training's led by Dr. Ray Blanchard and most of them have used the teachings to create positive results in their lives. I make this generalized statement only because this was the only complaint I saw and Dr. Blanchard has been teaching for 35 years. I can say that personally I used his teachings to get out of an abusive marriage and bring my children safely to the place of my dreams. My kids thank me regularly for taking on my life and making the changes I could to improve the situation drastically for us all. I am a Christian as well. My father is a preacher with one of the largest congregations in the country. I encourage people to check out the training I am taking now that he leads that is offered through Spectrum Life Design. I think you can google that and find it.