Complaint Review: Ray Skillman Kia

• Submitted: Sun, January 01, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, January 01, 2012

• Reported By: Patrick J Carey — Indianapolis Indiana United States of America
Ray Skillman Kia
1300 N Shadeland Ave Indianapolis, IN 46219 Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

Ray Skillman Kia Angry Costumer Indianapolis, Indiana

*Consumer Comment: What was the repair?

On October 29, 2011 I bought a 2003 Dodge Neon from Ray Skillman Kia 1300 N Shadeland Ave Indianapolis, IN 46219.

The vehicle broke down in Greensburg, IN on November 27, 2011, not more than a month after I purchased the vehicle, the passenger side back wheel stopped turning.

It was obvious that no vehicle inspection was performed beforehand.

The car was towed back to Ray Skillman automobiles repair department but they still charged me for repairs, $966.54. I talked  with Greg Sanders, Doug Gibson, and everyone that was there, why they were making me pay for repairs on a car that I bought less than a month ago. They basically told me that I was on my own once I bought the car. No one would listen.

I never expected the car world break down so soon. Everyone I talked to basically acted like they didnt care or give a damn.

Ray Skillman had also signed me up with a warranty company named Wynns.  No vehicle service department or car dealership from Indianapolis to Greensburg wanted to deal with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2012 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ray-Skillman-Kia/Indianapolis-Indiana-46219/Ray-Skillman-Kia-Angry-Costumer-Indianapolis-Indiana-816576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ray Skillman Kia

What was the repair?

AUTHOR: Brian - (United States of America)

Dealership inspection reports aren't worth the paper they're printed on.  If you're considering purchasing a used car, you need to take it to a mechanic that you trust and have him check it over.  You need to do this before you buy it.  If the dealer won't let you have the car to do this, then that's a dealer you don't want to do business with.

What does the Wynns warranty cover?  Is it bumper to bumper or just a powertrain warranty?  You didn't mention what the problem with the car was.  Is it possible that the repair wasn't covered by the warranty?  I find it hard to believe the dealership would sell you a warranty and then refuse to work with the warranty company.  Then again, maybe I don't find that so hard to believe.   If that's the case, then I would be demanding my money back for the warranty.