Complaint Review: Ray's Services

• Submitted: Wed, June 02, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, June 02, 2004

• Reported By:puyallup Washington
Ray's Services
13303 Pacific Ave. Tacoma, Washington U.S.A.

Ray's Services poor workmanship and misrepresentaion of manufactorer warranties Tacoma Washington

I bought a used Honda Accord in late Feb. 2003. I took it into Ray's for basic sevices and inspection.

I requested the oil, filters and engine coolent be changed. The breaks, transmission, belts and all parts pertaining to a tune-up be inspected.

About two hours later I recieved a phone call saying that the radiator was bad and needed to be replaced and the transmission needed to be serviced. I agreed to the repairs knowing these things were possibly needed as this was a used car afterall.

I have since taken the car in two more times for squeeky rear breaks, They said it was just normal wear and slight drag of the rear breaks. NOT.

I had the front breaks done. They turned the rotors too much and are now out of D.O.T. spects. Ray's said the workmanship was under warrenty by NAPA. Again NOT

The tune-up I requested done was never done by them. I was repeatedly told "everything was just fine." The engine belts were replaced, however they were replaced again six months later. Again poor workmanship and not covered by NAPA as I was told it was.

I have since taken the car into Firestone for service and have had to have most of the work done by Ray's reworked.

I just got done with small claims and could not get satisfaction because the arbortrator was told everthing was still under warrenty by NAPA including the workmanship.

I was told I would need to refile and declare only the damage part of the warrenty that is not covered. Where I live that is less then what it would cost to refile. I have paid double for work that should have been a "one time shot".

Where do I go from here?

puyallup, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2004 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rays-Services/Tacoma-Washington-98444/Rays-Services-poor-workmanship-and-misrepresentaion-of-manufactorer-warranties-Tacoma-Was-93359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ray's Services