Complaint Review: Razer USA Ltd.

• Submitted: Sat, October 16, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, October 21, 2010

• Reported By: Angry Nerd — Algonquin Illinois United States of America
Razer USA Ltd.
2035 Corte Del Nogal #101 Carlsbad, California United States of America

Razer USA Ltd. Warranty Problems and bad customer service Carlsbad, California

*Author of original report: Warranty has been honored

In March of 2010 I purchased a Razer Mamba Wireless gaming mouse.  In October of the same year it stopped working.  I went to the Razer web site and tried all the recommended fixes but none worked.  I installed the mouse on 3 different machines, just to be sure.  I updated the software and firmware and still nothing.  I contacted the vendor where I purchased the mouse and they referred me to Razer for a warranty claim.  The Razer Mamba has a 2 year manufacturers warranty.  I contacted Razer customer support after about a half hour of searching for a phone number on Razers web site.  The guy I spoke with said he couldn't give me a "Return Authorization Number" over the phone but that one would be emailed to me.  I received the email the same day.  The email was a form requesting my name, address, phone number, product information, receipt, etc.  I filled it out right away and emailed it back.  2 days past and I heard nothing from Razer.  I sent them another email asking when I could expect my RMA number and got a response back hours later stating that they had my information and that it had been forwarded to the RMA department.  Another day past and still nothing.  I sent another email, this time no reply.

I've been a PC gamer since PC have been around.  I have 5 computers, my newest an Alienware m15x.  I own other gaming mice from other manufacturers and have never had a problem with any of them.  Razer claims to be "for gamers by gamers" but doesn't have the customer support or quality of product to back that up.  I have a full time professional career and a family so I don't have time to chase after Razer so that they can honor there warranty.  I google searched the company and found many who have had the same experience with quality and customer service.  Try it yourself.  I don't recommend you purchase anything from Razer.  If you have purchased a product from this company and have had a similar experience with quality and customer service, please file a complain with BBB on-line, it's easy and only takes about 5 minutes.  The company is listed in BBB as Razer USA Ltd.  Also post your experiences here at Ripp-off report.    Thank you for reading this message I hope it helps you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2010 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Razer-USA-Ltd/Carlsbad-California-92011/Razer-USA-Ltd-Warranty-Problems-and-bad-customer-service-Carlsbad-California-651679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Razer USA Ltd.

Warranty has been honored

AUTHOR: Angry Nerd - (USA)

As of today, Razer has fullfilled their warranty obligation.  It's unfortunate the situation could not have been handled with a single phone call to tech support.