Complaint Review: ReQuest Services

• Submitted: Fri, January 25, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: james — fort collins Colorado United States of America
ReQuest Services
1218A Hoffman Mill Road Fort Collins, CO 80524 fort collins, Colorado United States of America

ReQuest Services request carpet cleaning These people are scum and dont even pay employees fort collins, Colorado

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: former contractor

I fell on hard times and accepted a position as a Technician at this company.  I wish I never had.  After working two ten hour days of unpaid training were I learned to outright lie to customers to up sell cleaning products.  I worked one day as an independent contractor for them before I felt the position was not for me so I quit.  They told me I would be paid around 140 dollars.  After contacting them numerous times about receiving a check my requests went unheeded.  Funny for a company that calls people on the no call list to offer services.

Almost three months after I had stopped working for them and numerous phone calls I contacted them again only to be told that I had already picked up my check in person  absolute lie.  They did agree to write me a new check.  This check was for 64 dollars that works out to a little over 2 dollars an hour slave wages.  Despite the fact that the owner walks around with hundreds of dollars in cash that he likes to show off like a "big man."  I gave up my fight over the money feeling hurt and abused.

Now knowing theses things I feel a responsibility to inform and warn others of their treachery.  Not only did I find the practice of lying to customers appualing not paying people what they are owed is also terrible.  In my training i was told to showcase products that were just bottles filled with water as "anti-icky poop" to remove and prevent pet odors then charge an extra 50$ and do nothing different other than pretend to add another solution.

I suggest that if Request Services gives you an unrequested phone call record it, easy to do on most cell phones, politely ask them to remove you from their list and report them.  When they call back in a month or two do the same.  I have recently gone thru some of the reviews on them and suspect that many of the positive ones are created by the company themselves.  The negative ones are spot on and fall in line with my experiences.  Tell your friends and family not to do business with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ReQuest-Services/fort-collins-Colorado-80524/ReQuest-Services-request-carpet-cleaning-These-people-are-scum-and-dont-even-pay-employees-1003452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ReQuest Services

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

former contractor

AUTHOR: barry - ()

As the owner of the company i can state that colorado has a very strict guideline on contract/employee training we are to provide a minimal amount of training to a contractor,as well as if we offer paid trianing they are an employee.This particular gentleman was hired as an independent contractor.  The reason for not receiving a paycheck was the invoice was not turned in by said contractor as he just quit.as for the differance in pay expected i would be happy to research the invoice and the daily records kept at our office from that time.As for telling you to sell stuff that you weren't supposed to i can only tell you that if you were, i am proud of you for having integrity and only wish that you would have come to me personally, to address this issue.

We do not intentionally call anyone on the no call list we know it is illegal, and work hard to scrub our numbers against that list ,to avoid doing so.However if someone asks us, to take them off our list ,we keep an in house list and work dilligently to avoidCALLING THOSE PEOPLE.As for walking around with a wad of cash in my pocket,i dont know what you were referring to but whatever i do with money that i have earned, is not the contractors business.We are a great company that has crossed many hurdles in our 13 years of being in business,and i for one dislike very strongly any accusations that are put out there by entitled, whiny, younger, generation who have had most of this life handed to them! PLEASE COME GET YOUR 76.00 IF YOU BELIEVE YOU EARNED IT SIR.