Complaint Review: ReachOut Wireless

• Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: Lou — Petaluma California
ReachOut Wireless
P.O. Box 247168 Columbus, Ohio United States of America

ReachOut Wireless Customer service rep hung up on me then illegally turned off my cell service Columbus, Ohio

*Author of original report: Sent 4 emails

*UPDATE Employee: ReachOut Wireless Customer Compliance

After being hammered by pop-up ads to upgrade my phone every time I visit their home page I decided to take them up on their offer. They sell refurbished discontinued phones at very reasonable prices so I was pleased to find a very nice one for $59. [continued below]....
.....00. I purchased and paid for the phone in full but was surprised that after the transaction I never received an invoice or email confirmation from them. I waited over three weeks before I called their customer support line on 4/12 to find out status of purchase and after waiting on hold for over 20 minutes Rep says delay is because their having shipping problems.

I respond to him that thats not a shipping problem its a company problem. In this day and age of seamless online transactions waiting close to a month for delivery of an already paid for single item not only goes against the industry standard of 7 days its ludicrous. He then places me on hold for another ten minutes and when he returns now there is another excuse, its no longer a shipping problem its now a problem with transferring my number to the new phone.

That's even more ridiculous than the first excuse, it's not like they're taking my phone number from a phone with another company and starting a new service both phones are there phones, should take 5 minutes tops to reprogram. At this point he cops an attitude towards me and hangs up. That's not the worst part though, within 10 minutes of him hanging up on me my cell service is cut off. I have tried for 3 days now to get through on their customer service line but to no avail. So now they have my $59.00, I have no new phone and no phone service

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2013 10:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ReachOut-Wireless/Columbus-Ohio-43224/ReachOut-Wireless-Customer-service-rep-hung-up-on-me-then-illegally-turned-off-my-cell-se-1043261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ReachOut Wireless

Sent 4 emails

AUTHOR: Vicious Vinnie - ()

You respond to this website but not once have I received a response from your company personally. I have sent 4 different emails through your feedback/email  system along with 4 other emails directly to the email address you provided and still no response. You keep mentioning how concerned you are about helping me with my problem, stop being concerned about it and just send me the phone I paid for. I have no phone service because the phone I have no longer works, send me my phone purchased and paid for a full 28 days ago. Ridiculous

ReachOut Wireless Customer Compliance

AUTHOR: ReachOut Feedback - ()

Mr. Lou,

First, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced with you delivery. We would like to assist you in any way we can. If you would like for us to assist you with your issue, please email us at [email protected], and our customer service complaint department will work with you to ensure that your issue is resolved.

ReachOut Wireless Customer Compliance