Complaint Review: Reachout Mobile

• Submitted: Wed, April 17, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: Nancy — San Diego California
Reachout Mobile

Reachout Mobile Reachout Wireless They are committing fraud by charging the government for a service they do not provide. Internet

I have been trying to get a phone from Reachout Mobile for over 7 weeks now.  Every time I talk to customer service they tell me something different.

The first time I called I thought everything was complete, I was even given a phone number.  I called the next morning to see if they had everything they needed from me and I was told yes my order was complete.  One month later I was told i needed to fax them proof that I was eligible for the lifeline discount, so I faxed them some paperwork.

Meanwhile everything with the California Lifeline went smoothly I got the application in the pink envelope and mailed it back.  I was approved by the California lifeline and called Reachout they told me they hadn't received word and while I may have been approved by California lifeline I had not been approved by them and they  needed me to fax papers to them again. So I faxed the paperwork to them again and called back as instructed and they said they received the papers.  So I waited a few weeks and still did not get a phone.

I called back a few weeks later and was told I was approved a few weeks ago and should get a phone anytime now, so I waited and still a phone never came.

I called customer service and they told me My application had not been approved yet I was given the wrong information and they were approving it right then so again I should get a phone in a few weeks.

After countless of frustrating hours dealing with customer service and online chat trying to get them to complete my order I have one word of adivce to anyone who is thinking about getting a lifeline cell phone from this company.  Don't!

I am going to call the FTC ( Federal Trade Commission) on Reachout wireless and report them.  I also recomend that everyone who had had a bad experience with them to do the same.

I am also going to contact Verizon  (whose cell towers Reachout uses) and let them know about the service that Reachout does not provide.  I doubt if Verizon which is a first class cellular service provider would want to be associated with a company as shoddy as Reachout Mobile.

I also suggest people get ahold of the lifeline program and let them know what is going on.

I have read other ripoff reports and some suggest a class action lawsuit.  That is an excellent idea!
Don't let them treat you as if your time has  no value  just because you are disabled or low income!

I also recommend people explore other options.  Cricket now offers an discounted lifeline plan in my state Unlimited talk and text for $21.50.  At least you will get a phone. In other states there are other options.

I am now on a quest and I hope others with similar problems with Reachout will join me.  If they cannot fulfill their orders they shouldn't be in business and certainly not involed with the federal lifeline program. Their website is full of lies and they do not provide the service it specifies and that is fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reachout-Mobile/internet/Reachout-Mobile-Reachout-Wireless-They-are-committing-fraud-by-charging-the-government-fo-1044114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reachout Mobile